Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Telling people

(12 Posts)
Belle82 Fri 03-Feb-17 10:52:49

I'm not sure if I've done something really stupid, I told my close family and a couple of friends when we had the egg transfer.
I know it's usually considered jinxing a pregnancy if you tell people before 3 months but they will know if we get a positive pregnancy test or not just from the way I am after and I don't want to lie to them.

Have I jinxed myself? sad xx

blackcherries Fri 03-Feb-17 10:59:50

No such thing as jinxing.
You'll have their support if anything went wrong x

Blueroses99 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:01:00

Agree with blackcherries. It's a personal decision but in my experience IVF/early pregnancy can be lonely if no one in real life knows what you're going through. Key people that you can rely on for support can be really helpful. Good luck and don't worry xx

blue2014 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:12:01

I didn't tell anyone but I wish I had. Jinxing is nonsense, it really is x

Borntoflyinfirst Fri 03-Feb-17 14:14:49

No jinxing is rubbish. You've told people close to you. Hopefully there will be cause for celebration with you. If not they are their to support you. At the very least they can support you while you wait. Good luck

TimTamTerrier Fri 03-Feb-17 14:18:15

I told people that I knew would be supportive when I was having IVF, I think it would have been very lonely otherwise. I'm reasonably stoic so I didn't really need a shoulder to cry on after a negative result, but it was nice that my friends understood why I was a bit quiet and I didn't feel that I had to pretend that there was nothing wrong.

leighdinglady Fri 03-Feb-17 14:18:50

When I was pregnant we told people straight away and I was worried about jinxing. Unfortunately, and completely unrelated to the nonsense jinx, our baby didn't make it. BUT I'm so
Glad I did tell people because it would be very lonely having no support during such a difficult time. I wouldn't tell people is lost the baby had I not have even told them I was pregnant

AmeliaJack Fri 03-Feb-17 14:20:22

Of course you haven't jinxed yourself!

It's a biological process that's all. If telling your nearest and dearest helps you through then that's a good thing!

Best of luck. I remember well how it feels.

2014newme Fri 03-Feb-17 14:21:29

There is no medical basis to jinxing.
It's not considered jinxing to tell people before three months. The reason people might not want to tell before three months is in case if miscarriage which is more likely at that stage. Nothing to do with jinxing.
Good luck

MTMFH Fri 03-Feb-17 14:29:29

Not at all! A few people knew we were having IVF so therefore knew I was pregnant way before 12 weeks. I had a few issues in early pregnancy so it was quite helpful having support of those that knew. Good luck, hope you get your positive result!

Belle82 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:32:32

Thank you so much for all your responses it's really set my mind at rest.
I'm trying to relax as much as possible at the moment, my mum is up later today so I needed to do a little cleaning.
I'm so happy there is the extra support on this site from so many lovely people.xx

blue2014 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:33:25

Very best wishes to you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now