Talk

Advanced search

laparoscopic ovarian drilling stories

(8 Posts)
jcheshire94 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:53:49

Hi I've been put in the waiting list for this treatment. Was wondering if anyone has had this on here and would like to share there story im abit worried as never had anything like this before ( mean going into surgery) .

DoublyTroubly Sun 05-Feb-17 23:08:42

I had this surgery nearly 6 years ago and it went really well

Before the surgery I hadn't had any periods since coming off the pill and clomid didn't work (I didn't ovulate with low dose and my lining was way too thin with high dose)

I had the surgery as a day case and went home a few hours later. It felt like really bad period pains when I woke up but I seem to remember that they had gone after a few hours and then it was just pain in my shoulder for a couple of days. I was back at work 2 days later and felt fine within the week

I got a completely regular cycle within a few weeks and conceived almost immediately. Unfortunately I had 2 chemical pregnancies (in concurrent months) as I wasn't producing enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. My eldest was conceived 2 months later (with the help of progesterone suppositories)

When my periods retuned after childbirth they were regular again. I conceived very quickly once we decided to TTC but had another chemical pregnancy. The doctor agreed to prescribe progesterone suppositories again, after which I conceived my youngest.

My periods are still regular, nearly 6 years after the drilling

I hope this helps x

Silverdream Sun 05-Feb-17 23:13:27

I had it 21 years ago !!!!! A little sore for a day that's all. I fell pregnant 6 months later and now have 2 children because of it. It's fine. I hope it works as well for you.

jcheshire94 Mon 06-Feb-17 09:15:30

Thankyou for ur response it's helped a lot as I was abit worried if it would work and the pain.
Made me feel positive thankyou
The doctor is going to put me on metformin aswell so hopefully all goes well and glad u have had ur wonderful children

Silverdream Tue 07-Feb-17 09:37:02

You also get a bit of trapped wind for a day or so. Be prepared to let rip !!!
Metformin wasn't known to help in my day. It's supposed to work really well.
I'd have had the op again in a heartbeat if needed to have the second and I'm woos.
I have everything crossed for you.

jcheshire94 Wed 08-Feb-17 09:46:14

I'll bear that in mind thankyou lol
And sounds like nothing to worry about thankyou very much.

toffeepuddin Thu 09-Feb-17 11:56:49

Hi OP. how long is the waiting list for a laparscopy? I may need to have one depending on the results of my hysterscopy x

jcheshire94 Thu 09-Feb-17 16:33:44

Hi I got told 18 weeks so it's not too bad really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now