Advanced search

Starting again ..anyone else?

(10 Posts)
rider1975 Sun 29-Jan-17 17:54:26

One miscarriage 2014 and second one 2016. Turning 42 in March and have decided to give it one final all out go again. I think I'm ready again now.
Ladies please could I ask for your advice. I believe I have some problems with low progesterone; do you know how to get this checked (seen you can do it via the internet but is this reliable?) and then how to get progesterone prescribed - happy to go private. My NHS GP is awful and there was zero aftercare following both miscarriages so I have no hope for help there esp given my age.
Also, I'd like to give acupuncture a go - can anyone give a recommendation for an acupuncturist around Richmond/Twickenham/Kingston/Central London.
A really big thanks for reading this and I'm offering any advice

jimijack Sun 29-Jan-17 17:58:54

All I can offer is loads of good vibes and good wishes.
I gave it one last shot at nearly 42, then gave up entirely, I got the pill from my GP BUT was too miracle ds just turned 4 and is parading around with his underpants on his head with a power rangers sword poised, ready for battle......I had had 7 awful miscarriages.

Fingers crossed and best of luck xxxxx

rider1975 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:14:04

Thank you Jimijack :-)) - and really sorry to hear you had 7 miscarriages - very very hard. Lovely to hear you have one little miracle x

Blueroses99 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:28:01

I see Victoria Busk for acupuncture, she will also be local to you. I had acupuncture in the run up to and on ET of my 2 cycles that led to BFPs.

Re progesterone, can you get a referral to an Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic? If not, would you be willing to be tested and treated privately? Progesterone is so inexpensive in the grand scheme of things, if that's the cause it should be treatable. I can recommend my clinic (Boston Place) but I used them for IVF not testing.

Good luck xx

rider1975 Sun 29-Jan-17 19:02:20

Thank you Blueroses. With the NHS, I was advised that you need to suffer 3 MCs for them to consider it sufficiently serious to get a referral. Yes I would consider being tested and treated privately.
Really helpful recommendations - thank you very much xx and good luck to you too

basket75 Sun 29-Jan-17 19:04:26

Is progesterone also cyclogest? I have a few boxes left over that you're welcome to have if I'm allowed to do that?

rider1975 Sun 29-Jan-17 19:25:10

Hi Basket - thank you - I'd love to take those off your hands if my progesterone levels do come in low. That would be great :-)))

bananafish81 Sun 29-Jan-17 22:25:16

You can self refer to the Coventry clinic for recurrent miscarriage with Prof Quenby and Brosens for about £500. X

bananafish81 Sun 29-Jan-17 22:27:33

You can also get progesterone blood tests via Blue horizon, book online and walk in at TDL on wimpole Street. You want to get it tested at 7dpo - but you'll need a Dr to prescribe if it's low, so doing the test on its own isn't necessarily that helpful

Blueroses99 Wed 01-Feb-17 09:24:11

I'm in awe of your knowledge Bananafish smile I try to be helpful but actually I don't know very much really!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: