Talk

Advanced search

To scratch or not to scratch

(4 Posts)
Abbielove Wed 18-Jan-17 16:49:51

I'm due to start my 4th ivf attempt and wondering if I should have the endo scratch again?
Last 2 attempts I've had the scratch and got a bfn.
I've since found I have immune issues so doing a full immune cycle this time.

Anyone got an immune bfp ? Did you have the scratch?

TBH I found it really a awful experience, so if it makes not much difference then I'd really rather not..

JustTrixie Thu 19-Jan-17 12:35:22

Hi Abbie, I got my BFP on my 4th ivf attempt which was my second with full immune treatment and first cycle with a scratch. First full immune cycle was fresh and second was FET. I also had 2 put back rather than 1 and 1 stuck. Sorry to hear you had a hard time with the scratch, I didn't even feel it when I had mine. It is hard to know what to do for the best isn't it. I had acupuncture before and after transfer with my fresh immune cycle then decided not to have it with my FET. Good luck, I hope it is 4th time lucky for you too.

bananafish81 Sun 22-Jan-17 03:12:25

If you're taking pred and intralipids for high inflammation then I wouldn't scratch

The scratch is designed to increase uterine inflammation, so it's good for women with low or normal inflammation

If you're doing an immunes cycle then I wouldn't do a scratch as you're presumably taking meds to reduce uterine inflammation

Level75 Mon 23-Jan-17 22:12:17

I have minor immune issues and had 6 cycles overall. Last 3 with immune drugs (steroids, intralipids etc) and last one with scratch as well. The last one took and I've got a toddler.
Having more ivf now and I've opted for scratch (as well as steroids but not intralipids as different clinic and they don't offer) as it was the only difference from unsuccessful cycles.
That's just anecdotal - since there are no decent studies it's hard to know what can tip the balance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now