Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried Inofolic?

(3 Posts)
HollyMay84 Tue 10-Jan-17 07:24:10

Just that really. My partner and I have been ttc for 4 and a half years. In that time we've had 2 chemical, 2 mmc and 1 late mmc. I've had my blood tested after my late mmc for lupus (I think) but it all came back fine. We don't qualify for rmc on NHS because we both have children from previous marriages. We're giving it 6 more months then going back to the Drs (had a lot of probs with Drs so far) I have pcos too but I just want to be able to go to them and say look we have now tried EVERYTHING.. Help!

bananafish81 Tue 10-Jan-17 08:01:16

I'm so sorry for your losses

Yep, I take Inofolic and metformin

I have PCOS and when pregnant my Dr upped my dose to the miscarriage dose rather than the fertility dose

(I miscarried again but my issue isn't related to my PCOS)

RMC isn't covered under IVF funding, I know lots of women who have secondary RM when trying for a sibling who gave had RM investigations under the NHS

Are you absolutely sure you're not eligible for a referral to an RMC? I'm so sorry for your losses

3 consecutive first trimester miscarriages or one late miscarriage is supposed to be the NICE guidance for referral to an RMC

Metformin for PCOS is also an intervention that doesn't come under IVF funding rules

Can you see a different GP if yours is being woefully unhelpful?

HollyMay84 Tue 10-Jan-17 08:18:09

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm sure we won't get into the rmc because when we had the consultants for test results after late mmc he sent the request off and we got a letter back from them saying that we won't be seen. I'd also told him about my cycles and pcos and he suggested I'd go back to him in 4 months and he'd put me on Metformin then to see if that helps. Only I got pg again, lost that one at 11 weeks. Went to gps for a referral back to consultants and asked about Metformin and they didn't have a clue tbh just wanted to re do all the bloods I'd already had done and wouldn't refer me back to hospital.

But I'd heard about this Inofolic recently and how it can help regulate cycles. So I was hoping I could atleast do that before going back to Drs.

I think in my NHS area the funding goes up to receiving Metformin and Clomid. Money isn't really a problem but like I said this is a last ditch attempt before having to deal with the docs again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now