Talk

Advanced search

Agnus castus, acupuncture?

(9 Posts)
newyorklover81 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:24:30

* H*^^*i *
^*
My*^ *partner and I have been trying to conceive for 13 months, I do already have children from a previous relationship and never had any issues getting pregnant always fell very quickly within 1 or two months. *
^*
My youngest is now 5 and I am 35, my partner has had semen analysis and had perfect results so it's not him that's the problem.

I did have a positive pregnancy test 3 months ago which turned out to be a chemical a few days later.

I feel like this is such a rollercoaster - I know I have children already and it must be so much harder to not have any. The disappointment Every month is so painful, we just want a child together to complete our family*^ sad

*I am due to have a hycosy scan* *on Friday,* *my day 21 bloods came back fine and I have regular periods - since the chemical my luteal phase is all over, going shorter and then a lot longer, I am currently 3 days over my usual luteal phase but negative test . I am thinking of trying acupuncture - has anyone tried this with success? I^^ also started agnus castus this month has anyone tried that?*

dildoos Sat 07-Jan-17 22:04:10

Hi New York lover,
You appear to be the same position as myself and partner, I had my hycosy on Tuesday, I hope yours went well.
Goodluck

newyorklover81 Sun 08-Jan-17 22:28:23

Hi dildoos

I had it Friday and it went well and tubes clear smile they have given me letrozole/femara to boost ovulation but have said I am already ovulating fine.

How did yours go?

dildoos Sun 08-Jan-17 23:32:03

That's really positive!!!
Mine too said tubes clear , I also already know I have high NK cell activity which I've had treated in past but to no avail so now under bourn hall and about to embark on our first IVF cycle.
My history is 1 dd aged 9 very nearly almost and new partner now and we have sadly had 13 mc and been trying 6 years howevr nervous I feel now I also feel positive.
I am low side of normal for my AMH levels and only 14 follicles so that side of things not great but not the worst it could be I'm hoping xx

HughLauriesStubble Sun 08-Jan-17 23:58:34

We were ttc for almost 2 years with ovulation tests and charting etc. I got pregnant with dc1 a month after starting agnus castus and epo. Was also taking agnus castus (not for fertility) when I became pregnant with dc2 (unplanned).

Can't say for definite whether it did or didn't help but that's the way it happened. Good luck op smile

newyorklover81 Mon 09-Jan-17 22:52:03

What did they say your amh was dildoos? They said mine was 27? Actually she said ovarian reserve is that the same thing?! confused

Good luck!!!

I always get a positive opk on day 17/18 and I have been taking agnus castus since cd1 and the test I've just done (cd12 today) is v v v nearly positive so it looks as though it will be positive tomorrow shock unheard of for me to ovulate this early!! It's obviously doing something!

newyorklover81 Mon 09-Jan-17 22:52:40

Hughlauries that sounds amazing! They obviously work for you and are worth a try!!

dildoos Sat 14-Jan-17 21:47:30

Sorry for delay New York, work has been manic and at home I've been super tired come bed time 😴

My AMH was 6.5 so very low side of normal
5 is classed as low level 😁

Still I feel positive that it's 1.5 more .

How are you feeling about your answers ? X

Stripeymug Wed 29-Mar-17 15:22:40

Can I ask what amount of Agnus Castus that you took? I started this month and the tablet is 4mg, suggested dose is one per day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now