Talk

Advanced search

Failed IVF

(6 Posts)
lessonsintightropes Fri 30-Dec-16 06:36:37

Hi, hoping for some advice. I'm 39 (DH same), unexplained infertility - indeed all numbers good but no BFP after 3.5 years. We did a fresh IVF cycle this winter - the only one available to us on the NHS - and got 4 blasts. 2 were transferred on 19 Dec and sadly this morning confirmed it hadn't worked. We still have two in the freezer.

I'm gutted and all over the place from the drugs. How long should we leave it for a FET to give my body chance to recover?

clementineorange Fri 30-Dec-16 07:06:44

Sorry to hear this OP flowers

Your clinic should advise you of the next steps. Good luck!

Summer70 Fri 30-Dec-16 07:18:17

Sorry to hear that. I've been there too xx. We waited about 3 months to go the FET but your clinic will advise. Let the drugs get out of your system & you'll feel a little more like yourself, but it's a tough time emotionally.

isthismummy Fri 30-Dec-16 09:07:52

Sorry to hear your IVF didn't work this time OPflowers

As others have said your clinic should advise.

Be kind to yourself in the meantime and good luck for your FET

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 06-Jan-17 08:11:37

Sorry to hear ivf failed. It's heartbreaking when does 💐 Failed 4 times for df and i sad

But 5th worked which was a fet. A fet is much kinder to you and your body and much less complicated with drugs

Most clinics will advise you to have a period so roughly a month. Then Up to you

The two fet I had - on first day of period I contacted clinic. They told me what drugs to take (progynova tablets) 4g then up to 6g 3/4days later. Then scanned at day 12/13 to check lining. If all ok the fet booked usually 6:7days later so day 20 of period and start pesseries as well

Good luck as and when

user1483705178 Fri 06-Jan-17 12:37:52

I am sorry to know yr ivf didn't work. Remain positive and I am sure yr time will come x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now