Talk

Advanced search

Negative test after a positive -is it all over?

(6 Posts)
Monkeypuzzle32 Thu 29-Dec-16 08:27:59

Morning
I had a 5 day frozen egg transfer on 11th Dec a positive test on 22nd Dec, I tested today and it was negative but I've had no AF or any discharge at all-is it all over? I don't really know what's going on, surely I would have bled by now?

I did post on pregnancy but no replies and I can't ring the clinic yet, so sorry if you're seeing this twice!

eurochick Thu 29-Dec-16 08:36:57

This must be messing with your head! It could be that your wee was too dilute in today's test. Or that the progesterone is holding off a bleed. Does your clinic offer a blood test?

Monkeypuzzle32 Thu 29-Dec-16 08:58:20

Thanks for replying, the clinic I'm using is in Wales and I'm in London, I've just rang my GP who says they don't do blood tests anymore! Husband had just spoken to the clinic who say all is not listbyet if there's been no bleed?

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 29-Dec-16 19:09:08

Fet are different as you have different hormones

On my 4th cycle /first fet I was convinced I was preg as hadn't bled where had by day 11/12 on fresh cycles

Clinic told me you won't bleed till stop taking hormones and pesseries

Sorry๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

I would carry on taking medication for a few more days and test again

If negative then sadly you aren't preg

Contact clinic and sure they will tell you the same. Once medication has stopped then period will happen 3/5days later

You could get a bloody test done privately. Think ยฃ135 at my private clinic

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 29-Dec-16 19:10:08

Fet are different as you have different hormones

On my 4th cycle /first fet I was convinced I was preg as hadn't bled where had by day 11/12 on fresh cycles

Clinic told me you won't bleed till stop taking hormones and pesseries

Sorry๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

I would carry on taking medication for a few more days and test again

If negative then sadly you aren't preg

Contact clinic and sure they will tell you the same. Once medication has stopped then period will happen 3/5days later

You could get a bloody test done privately. Think ยฃ135 at my private clinic

Monkeypuzzle32 Thu 29-Dec-16 19:28:27

Blonde the clinic said to test tomorrow again but I feel like I'm due on so I'm not hopeful really-so damn unfair! :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now