Talk

Advanced search

Nature really knows how to spoil me on my birthday...

(8 Posts)
isthismummy Mon 26-Dec-16 07:45:24

Just woken up on the morning of my 38th birthday to find that I've been given the wonderful gift of my period.

Self pitying rant alert, but ffs! Did AF really have to choose today of all days to remind me I'm a barren ageing woman with a very high chance of dying childlesssad

So over all this bullshit right now.

MrsSpenserGregson Mon 26-Dec-16 07:49:20

flowers sorry, that sucks

I hope you manage to enjoy your birthday despite Mother Nature somehow, do you have any plans?

isthismummy Mon 26-Dec-16 07:53:21

I'm going to go see my horses and try and pretend it's not my birthday I think.

Honestly, I know I've got almost no chance of conceiving naturally as I've had doctors lining up to tell me so all year. It's just so painful to be reminded of it on today of all days.

eatsleepfeedrepeat Mon 26-Dec-16 07:55:48

Infertility really does seem to find ways to stick the knife in doesn't it? Have been there... hope 38 is your year flowers

isthismummy Mon 26-Dec-16 08:07:22

It really does. It clearly couldn't have just waited another 24 hours.

I have such short cycles too, Sick of bleeding every 3 weeks. Not that doctors want to help me with it sad

We're starting IVF next month, so perhaps 38 is my lucky number. Don't hold out much hope though.

Chattycat78 Mon 26-Dec-16 09:15:51

Yeah it does suck- sorry.

Did we chat already about your infertility issues isthismummy? Was it low amh? If so- don't give up- I managed to have 2 babies despite low amh. Good luck with the ivf.

Chattycat78 Mon 26-Dec-16 09:16:16

Ps we re almost exactly the same age- I'm 38 on Wednesday!

isthismummy Mon 26-Dec-16 09:20:55

We did chattycat. I have low amh, but dp was low motility too.

I know I'm being really pathetic, but this year has been full of consultants telling us we pretty much have no chance of conceiving. To get my period on my birthday is just the shit shaped cherry on top of the infertility cake!

Oh and no trains to where my horses are today, so no seeing them either. I might go back to bed sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now