Talk

Advanced search

Christmas

(4 Posts)
santassausages Thu 15-Dec-16 13:29:41

Visited Tesco this morning and there was a junior school choir singing Christmas carols. I ventured into the carrots - and burst into tears.

I'm absolutely shocked at my reaction, because we now have our beautiful DC (after nearly 10 long and agonising years of IVF). I thought I was over these feelings of longing, but the sound of the choir brought everything back, remembering how desperate I felt at times.

So I simply wanted to wish everyone that is going through IF issues a very Happy Christmas, and the hope that the new year brings you all the baby you want.

Hope2409 Thu 15-Dec-16 19:24:52

Thank you santa that is very sweet of you! Wishing you a very happy christmas too. I think once you have been through IVF it never leaves you. Just finished my first cycle of IVF and was a negative for me this time, hoping next year will bring us better luck xxx

ems91 Thu 22-Dec-16 09:09:34

Hi santasausages and Hope2409,

Just lazing around reading the infertility forum after a year of hell and reflecting upon it all... prepping myself for a better year in 2017. I know how you must've been feeling, and a massive cyber hug to you both.. I don't think the negative memories of fertility treatments ever go away and I think women and their partners who are facing/have faced the ordeal of IVF are incredibly strong, mentally and physically.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2017! fsmile flowers

Heyheyheygoodbye Sat 24-Dec-16 23:41:28

Thank you sausage flowers

I also cry at children's choirs sad and I became so convinced/afraid that newly-married SIL was going to announce a pregnancy tomorrow I had to get DH to interrogate BIL for me! They don't even want kids. This shit makes you crazy fhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now