Talk

Advanced search

Panorama doing special on IVF tonight

(5 Posts)
Amara123 Mon 28-Nov-16 20:15:21

I think it's on bbc 1 at 8.30 in case you're interested!

AgainPlease Mon 28-Nov-16 20:38:45

Watching it smile

The fact that 50,000 women have IVF treatment annually makes me feel like less hopeless.

Amara123 Mon 28-Nov-16 20:53:07

We're a big silent group I think. The sheer number of us makes me think we deserve so much better research wise!

bananafish81 Mon 28-Nov-16 23:19:13

I have soooo many friends who've had IVF. It's only since coming out the closet that I found out how many had fertility treatment or suffered miscarriages. People don't talk about it - I don't shut up about it as I'm a militant crashing bore about trying to reduce the stigma around it!

AgainPlease Tue 29-Nov-16 08:11:17

Same banana! It was only when I was brave enough to tell my story that I found out one of my closest friends, my neighbour, three of DHs close business mates + their wives, my hairdresser, regular women who I bump in to while walking the dog in the park, the woman who waxes my fanjo... have all gone through IVF! And I'm not even in my 30s yet so I wonder how many more of my friends will be coming out of the woodwork in years to come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now