Fertility clinics

(6 Posts)
Georgie32 Sun 13-Nov-16 01:27:06

I wondered if any of you lovely ladies could give me any recommendations for fertility clinics in Surrey?
My wife and I have had successful pregnancy doing IUI with donor sperm and have a beautiful 2 and a half year old boy. We found out yesterday that our latest treatment wasn't successful and although I love the clinic we have previously used, it's in East London and I'm finding the travelling to appointments and then rushing back to work really stressful.
Thanks in advance!

Loopyaboutmy2boys Sun 13-Nov-16 08:25:20

One of the leading experts is Mr Shehata, he works from Epsom hospital and also has a private clinic in Epsom, plus Harley Street in London too.

Blueroses99 Sun 13-Nov-16 09:21:25

Look at Newlife in Epsom. They host Surrey Fertility Friends (monthly infertility support group) and I've been going even though I'm not a patient but many others there are and speak highly of it. I chose a central London clinic which was easy to get to from home and work, though not particularly close to either. Location is so important because of all the appointments! Good luck

Georgie32 Sun 13-Nov-16 12:41:23

Thanks that's really helpful. We originally were with the London Women's clinic but the costs were just getting bigger and bigger and they didn't have a great range of sperm donors. It's a bit of a minefield and I think I'm panicking a bit as I just turned 35 and the chances of success deplet quite a bit over 35!

moggle Tue 15-Nov-16 14:12:53

We did our fresh cycle at the Nuffield in Woking which got us our DD who just turned two; and we're just in the middle of our second frozen cycle trying to get a sibling for her. Very very happy with all aspects of the treatment and the staff and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Good luck!

icy121 Thu 17-Nov-16 12:48:53

OP I've just been discharged from Victoria Wing Nuffield as well.

Been under Mr Curtis for a few years (bouncing across all of his clinics around woking/guildford); we tried clomid and a lap and ovarian diathermy first. He also randomly was on duty at the Royal Surrey and did the colposcopy for me after a dodgy smear that looked set to suspend IVF round.

Where do you live & work? In terms of work-friendliness, Woking open at 7am for scans, so when you're stimming it's entirely possible to be first scan of the day, then drive to woking and get train into London (25 mins) - and not miss any work.

I had a freeze all after developing OHSS from stimming, but just had an FET which by some miracle seems to have taken (12 weeks tomorrow).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now