Talk

Advanced search

Help new to all this

(3 Posts)
Lizzy37 Mon 07-Nov-16 18:02:07

Hello
we have been ttc since Jan. I had a mc in May and tested positive for strep b, that has now cleared up after anti biotics. Since then we've had no luck. Every month we've tracked ovulation with the strips and I never got a true positive. We then decided to buy the clue blue tester one that indicates a rise in the 2 hormones. The first month nothing, the second month yep, surge detected, this last cycle detected surge on day 12, lots of ewcm etc... The GP sent me for blood tests cd 18 progesterone was 10, so did cd21 still 10 indicates no ovulation. I have been told to go for more bloods if no af by cd28 or if af arrives before ring & let gp know so she can refer me to fertility dr. I have a 16 yr old, I have regular cycles, light but very regular.
Can you ladies help or shed some light on what's going on? Has this happened to you? What do the fertility dr do??
Feeling very down right now.
Thank u for reading

Lizzy37 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:28:28

Anyone?? 😕

Blueroses99 Tue 08-Nov-16 22:51:34

Hi Lizzy, I didn't want to read and run but I'm not really familiar with your situation. It sounds like you might not be ovulating every month despite the regular periods? I think referral to the fertility dr sooner rather than later is good (some people have to wait ages I believe, if all test results come back fine and they haven't been ttc long enough). They will probably want to repeat the blood tests, perhaps monitor a cycle more closely. Besides that I don't know, but just wanted you to know you're not alone in facing difficulty ttc.

<hoping someone that knows more will come along soon>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now