Talk

Advanced search

Success with IUI- should you continue progesterone?

(3 Posts)
Rose8282 Sun 06-Nov-16 07:14:26

Hi all, I wonder if I could get some IUI advice. This is our first cycle, and I've had a BFP, much to my complete disbelief, we've been trying for almost 2 years and were diagnosed as 'unexplained infertility'.

How many of you who have had successful IUI were recommended to continue the progesterone pessaries/tablets? I'm really worried it was the progesterone that did it and if I stop them now, it may all go wrong.

Thanks x

Amelie10 Thu 10-Nov-16 22:59:29

Hi op, I've had the exact same situation as you. Ttc for 18 months, unexplained fertility and bfp on first cycle of IUI. I continued on progesterone till 14 weeks but was weaned off from 12 weeks. They will test your levels to determine how long you should take the progesterone for. Good lucksmile

Rose8282 Tue 15-Nov-16 16:22:26

Thanks Amelie, congrats on your IUI success too, I'm glad it's all worked out for you. Yep I've started the progesterone pessaries and hoping will all work out fine, I'm only 5.5 weeks so very early days still .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now