Male Infertility Factor but AF is over 1 week late??

(4 Posts)
ChitterChat Fri 21-Oct-16 20:12:13

So me and my partner have been together for 11 years and after many tests etc we were told that my partner had a low sperm count so would need to undergo ICSI.

Over the years we have a had plenty of false hopes whereby my period has been a few days late (we get our hopes up thinking it has happened naturally, since although he has a low sperm count, it only takes one after all) but sure as fate, it turns up and our hopes are dashed.

This month it's now 8 days late, but apart from feeling a bit nauseous earlier, I have no other symptoms at all. No cramping, no spotting nothing. I mean I am tired but I'm always tired so that's nothing new.

I'm petrified of testing as I know it's more than likely going to be BPN, and it will be so disheartening, but just can't think what else it could be. Could there be something wrong with me?

Stuck on what to do as I don't think I could handle the BFN result sad

Scottishgirl85 Sat 22-Oct-16 09:58:09

Testing is the only way you'll know, but only test when you feel ready. Our little girl was conceived naturally with hubby's count well under 0.5 million, so it can happen despite the odds being stacked very much against us. Good luck x

ChitterChat Sat 22-Oct-16 10:28:57

Thank you for the re-assurance that this could happen and so happy that things worked out for you. It gives me hope. DH's count is less than 5 million. I've just tested and it's BFN. Totally gutted and wish I hadn't done it now. But still no sign of my period?? Now thinking there could be something worse wrong with me.

NotSpartacus Sat 22-Oct-16 11:34:31

One of my friends conceived her first child via ICSI. She went on to conceive twice more naturally and now has 3 children. These things do happen, but if they don't there are options. Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now