Talk

Advanced search

21d progesterone

(3 Posts)
Trickymiss14 Tue 11-Oct-16 22:45:20

Hi all

I suffer from PCOS, endometriosis and a bicornuate uterus and have been TTC since July (but have irregular and long cycles so am technically only on cycle 3 TTC).

My doctor has recommended I have the 21 day progesterone blood test to check that I am ovulating but due to my longgggg cycles calculated the day of my blood test to be 20th October (CD 37). I have had a negative OPK yday and a positive OPK today (cd 28 which I know doesn't necessarily mean I've ov'd and can indicate ov will take please within 24-48hrs) so my question is- if I do ov tomorrow (CD 29) then the blood test will be a day late- would that cause an unreliable result? (Last month I had a positive OPK CD 31 and 32 and had a 46d cycle) TIA smile

Whyarewewaiting Wed 12-Oct-16 07:36:24

You have to adjust the test date based on your cycle. Ideally you want to have the test 7 days before your period is due.

FleurThomas Tue 18-Oct-16 08:17:01

I was told to do it exactly on day 21 as I have irregular cycles with PCOS. Was told by my GP that opk's for PCOS are unlikely to be correct anyway & if they were I'd be pregnant by now :z)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now