Talk

Advanced search

IVF drugs

(4 Posts)
Raeside Mon 03-Oct-16 12:22:41

Hi there

I was just wondering if there was a (relatively) standard list of IVF drugs for a first round, straightforward IVF with no known complicating factors? I appreciate that meds are very specific to each person but I'm trying to get some quotes from local pharmacies so I can make a decision about either to buy from the clinic or from the chemist!

Thank you!

Blue2014 Mon 03-Oct-16 15:26:12

Lots of people seem to have Gonal f (problem is you'll struggle to get an accurate quote without a dosage and that's individual)

My round cost £900 for meds (short protocol, relatively low dose) got mine from Czech Republic but heard Asda would be as cheap

NotSpartacus Mon 03-Oct-16 15:38:12

Do you know which clinic you are going with? Clinics often seem to have their own preferred drugs (i.e. the one I was at uses fostimon rather than gonal f - though they are from what I can see basically the same thing).

Raeside Mon 03-Oct-16 16:08:11

Thanks for your replies, Blue2014 and NotSpartacus, am very grateful!

Am with City Fertility and actually their quoted prices aren't too bad at all. I've gone to a few pharmacies with the list and they've all said that the dosages the clinic have said don't exist! Seems hard to believe....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now