We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting private fertility treatment, queries?

(8 Posts)
LillyW83 Sun 28-Aug-16 00:22:33

Hi I'm starting private fertility treatment but wondered if anybody has experienced problems then giving birth via the NHS? If this possible or must you continue down the private route m during pregnancy? X

NotSpartacus Sun 28-Aug-16 08:32:16

There's no issue. Once you are pregnant, you will be able to get NHS treatment for your pregnancy and birth.

blue2014 Sun 28-Aug-16 10:29:58

Yep, just confirming no issue, as soon as you are pregnant you go under NHS care (and I had my private round abroad too)

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Sun 28-Aug-16 10:32:09

Nope no issues. They don't even care it's an ivf pregnancy.

FlumptyDumpty Sun 28-Aug-16 10:34:55

No issues. In fact, if you don't want the private fertility treatment on your NHS records you can request that no info on your treatment be sent to your GP.

Good luck.

blue2014 Sun 28-Aug-16 10:53:09

I told my Midwife it's IVF although I didn't have to. I'm partly glad I did as I get extra scans as a result. It does also mean they want to induce me at or before 40 Weeks though

LillyW83 Sun 28-Aug-16 14:50:42

Thanks so much for the replies, newbie at this smile that sets my mind at rest xx

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 28-Aug-16 20:09:01

I did private ivf. Got jackpot 5th go

My clinic signed me off at 6w and now via NHS

Tho do pay for the the odd private scan but that's my paranoid choice

Agree worth mentioning ivf as my midwife is trying to get me extra reassurance scans as 1) ttc 10yrs and finally preg 2) over 40

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now