Talk

Advanced search

Help! After a positive test result I have some questions....

(10 Posts)
SuziC1984 Mon 22-Aug-16 22:34:06

Hi, I'm 13dp5dt and I was given a positive test on day 9 confirmed with blood test level 173 on day 10 but ever since I had a positive test I'm really worried that something will change between now and my scan on 8th September. Anyone else feel like this? Or know any information that might help me relax a bit? Thanks xx

FeelingForSnow Tue 23-Aug-16 23:18:02

Congratulations! As much as I would like to help you, unfortunately, most of us suffer from a bit of paranoia when it comes to this.

Think about it this way: most pregnancies work out alright and only minority experience any problems.

What helps me the most is that when the pregnancy is this early there
really isn't much I or anyone else can do if something doesn't seem to work. Hence worrying when you can't control or change the course of the events seems very unnecessary.

I know it is easier said than done but the best help is to try an think positive thoughts and ignore your fear as much as you can and enjoy the time while you are pregnant.

If things do go wrong, you will face them when they happen. Having spent all the time worrying prior that will not make you more prepared for it nor it will make it more bearable.

People always suggest to keep yourself busy. Although, I do agree with that I do however think that it is even more important to achieving the right mindset.

xxx

SuziC1984 Wed 24-Aug-16 07:30:05

That's very good advice and I'll take it on board! Thankyou.

I panicked a lot yesterday as had a slight bleed but now it's not come to anything I feel much better and am going to enjoy what happens next.

I will pray for good (even though I'm not that religious) ans take things as easy as possible...however, will try and fill my mind a bit to stop the worrying xx

sunshineonarainyday1 Wed 24-Aug-16 09:40:56

I am in exactly the same position. 14dp5dt and I'm so scared something will go wrong. This is my second pregnancy and I was fine first time round but still doesn't ease the worry. I'm trying to keep busy but easier said than done when you wonder about every little niggling symptom and feeling that is or isn't there.

Fingers crossed the next couple of weeks goes quickly for you xxx

Ps some good advice feeling

SuziC1984 Wed 24-Aug-16 10:05:35

Hey, when is your scan? It's so scary isn't it! Let's hope he en t couple of weeks go quickly! I'm off this week so I think not being at work isn't helping too much! However, I don't really want to be there. So today as its nice I think I'll take to reading in the garden...although will cream up and try not to be out in the midday sun as I've heard that can be bad...xx

sunshineonarainyday1 Wed 24-Aug-16 10:35:15

My scan is the 14th so 3 weeks today...which feels ages away!

Sounds good....get out in the garden and get some fresh air! Is this your first baby?

bigfriendlygiant Wed 24-Aug-16 10:43:05

I panicked throughout my entire first pregnancy!

My OB was talking about some other statistics to me a few weeks ago but it seems relevant and transferable here:

75% of pregnancies are successful. If someone offered you a lottery ticket with those odds you'd be hopeful.

SuziC1984 Wed 24-Aug-16 11:04:43

That's very true, yes this is my first baby xx

BeBopTalulah Wed 24-Aug-16 11:16:30

Congratulations smile

I'm finding it daunting too, but now that the nausea and other symptoms are here I'm much more relaxed. Before I had any symptoms I just couldn't believe it and I was paranoid something would happen and I wouldn't know. But now that I feel like shit, I'm satisfied that everything is progressing nicely grin

JessieMcJessie Wed 24-Aug-16 11:25:05

Congratulations. I remember well being in your position - don't know how many rounds of IVF you have had but it's different for those of us who had to go to so much effort to conceive. The anxiety is omnipresent. I'll never forget the nurse saying at the 8 week scan that growth was perfect (7mm I think!) and I was definitely pregnant. It had seemed like a century since the positive test before that day came round.

I am now 39 weeks and he'll be here within 10 days. Can still barely believe it.

All you can do is wait. At every stage - 12 week scan, 20 week anomaly scan, and now for labour. I am so looking forward to having completed this journey. Very best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now