Talk

Advanced search

Started route of fertility tests, help please?

(6 Posts)
INeedANameChange Mon 22-Aug-16 08:49:33

Hi everyone

Reluctantly posting here as I didn't expect to be in this position sad

We have been TTC for nearly 18 months now. Had my day 3 & day 21 bloods, and a scan so far.

The day 3 came back OK, as did the scan (no sign of PCOS). After day 21 I didn't get confirmation but my GP rang this morning to say he has referred me to gynae?

Is this normal? I would have asked for the test results but he rang me at 8am so I was still a bit bleary eyed grin I thought the next stage was a referral to a fertility clinic.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal and what it's for please? Appointment is the end of Sept.

WootyWoo Mon 22-Aug-16 13:25:42

Hi,
As part of my initial investigations my GP also referred me to gynae. I was given a scan to check everything looked OK with my uterus and ovaries. Nothing to worry about.

INeedANameChange Mon 22-Aug-16 14:48:20

Thank you. I'd have thought that too but I've already had a scan!

WootyWoo Mon 22-Aug-16 15:49:21

Oh sorry, missed that bit of your post. I don't understand that then. Hmmm I would call and ask. The end of September is a lot of time to be wondering for... Sorry, not much help.

INeedANameChange Mon 22-Aug-16 16:57:15

You're right. I rang and asked and it's an appointment with the fertility clinic.

And day 21 bloods showed I didn't ovulate. sad

Aliveinwanderland Mon 22-Aug-16 17:05:03

My bloods showed I didn't ovulate. I then had a month of folicle tracking where again I didn't ovulate.

Scans showed nothing wrong with ovaries. HSG test showed nothing blocked and no reason why I wasn't ovulating.

I was going to be given clomid when I then fell pregnant naturally.

Try not to panic about not ovulating at this stage. I found that some months I just didn't but I still got pregnant in the end. Just took longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now