Talk

Advanced search

Raspberry leaf tea

(7 Posts)
GlummyMummy Fri 29-Jul-16 20:01:29

Have heard conflicting reports on raspberry leaf tea in relation to IVF. Does anyone know at which point in treatment it's ok to take it? Also, does it help thicken lining? I'd read somewhere that it can thin the lining. Anyone been given any info from their clinic on this? I've got a week to thicken lining!

bananafish81 Sat 30-Jul-16 11:35:40

It's supposed to be a uterine tonic - encourage blood flow due to contractions

It's why overdue women often drink it to try and bring on labour

If it does do anything at all, it should be taken from day 1 until transfer and absolutely not after transfer

GlummyMummy Sat 30-Jul-16 20:39:59

worth a try I suppose, do you know how many cups a day are optimal?

bananafish81 Sat 30-Jul-16 20:56:00

No idea I'm afraid. I don't suppose it really matters too much either way, as it's only a tea so don't imagine you can drink too much of it!

Only worked for me when I used it (or the full fat milk or the pomegranate juice) to wash down the progynova tablets grin

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Wed 03-Aug-16 07:57:01

Ooh, I'd avoid actually - my lovely SIL drank tons of it in early pg and unwittingly caused a miscarriage. She was heartbroken sad

I know it's ok in late pg but steer clear otherwise as not enough is known about it's effects on IVF.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Wed 03-Aug-16 07:57:29

*its not it's

GlummyMummy Sat 06-Aug-16 18:33:26

oh dear, that's a shame. I stopped it a few days before egg collection so hopefully won't have any adverse effects. Glad to get off it anyway, not very nice stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now