Talk

Advanced search

Femara is making me crazy

(7 Posts)
BipBippadotta Tue 19-Jul-16 09:07:50

Everyone always says that Femara is gentler than Clomid in terms of side effects. But I'm on my 4th day of 5mg of it and I'm a big wobbling bag of tears. Yesterday alone I burst into tears at a Tesco self-checkout, on the tube, in a pub garden, and then one last time whilst curled into a ball in a corner of my kitchen. I feel completely insane. I'm really hoping this isn't just what I'm like these days - has anyone else had this experience with Femara?

Teakind Wed 20-Jul-16 08:57:02

Yes! I took it for 6 months and my husband always dreaded when it was time to start taking it again as it made me so emotional. I cried over really stupid things (like when he ate one of the chocolates in a box that I had been 'saving'. How was he to know?!) We refer to them as my crazy pills now.

I hope they work for you and feel assured that you will get back to normal after your 5 days of taking them : )

BipBippadotta Wed 20-Jul-16 09:05:27

Oh thank God it's not just me. Clomid was a walk in the park compared to this stuff!

BeauHeaux Wed 20-Jul-16 23:51:40

I'm on my fifth or sixth month of Femara and I might as well be taking smarties. No emotional side effects that I've noticed, but I would tend to get upset at awful things on the news anyway (and things have been so grim lately). I have wondered if I'm losing more than a usual amount of hair though (or is it just age - I've just turned 40).

BipBippadotta Thu 21-Jul-16 07:39:46

I really hope it doesn't cause hair loss. I had enough of that when I was taking DHEA, and it never really grew back in properly. Ugh, I've had enough of all these hormones.

lucieloos Thu 21-Jul-16 21:53:01

I'm on my 3rd day of 7.5mg femara but I haven't noticed any side effects yet apart from a slight headache. I only have another 2 days in it so hopefully won't be anything much. Does make me wonder if it's doing anything though!!

BeauHeaux Sat 06-Aug-16 16:00:52

Out of interest, what is your "protocol"? I'm taking 7 x 2.5mg on day 3 only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now