Canceled IUI - how to improve chances next time?

(6 Posts)
Longleggedlovely Mon 18-Jul-16 12:25:21

Our first round was cancelled due to too many follicles, got told to phone to start round two once I'd had my period but none came so they've decided to start me anyway.

I've been taking buseralin nasal spray and now on daily menopur injections. During discussions today at the hospital they told me that the lining was thin, scan showed all follicles etc just disappeared themselves.

My records from last time also showed that there were too many follicles (5 at sufficient size) and my oestrogen levels were too low (300) which she kept saying didn't make sense. Is there anything I can do, diet/supplements etc to increase my oestrogen levels and prospects for this round? I eat healthy and exercise regularly (4/5 per week) and have lost 2 stone to get started.

Longleggedlovely Mon 18-Jul-16 20:54:43

Cheeky bump grin

Longleggedlovely Tue 19-Jul-16 22:21:15

No one? sad

Thecatswhiskers33 Fri 22-Jul-16 08:23:18

Hi im sorry the first iui didnt work out for you. I had 1 iui that didnt work and 1 cancelled iui as lining was thin also. They said no point continuing as chances was so slim . I then decided to forget the iuis and went straight onto then vf waiting list and start my injections on sunday.
I asked the question is there anything more i can do and was told ad long as im fit and healthy. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg and when they do the tranfer eat plenty of protein. So maybe try that? :/
Good luck x x x

skatesection Fri 22-Jul-16 08:30:14

I had a cancelled medicated ET because my lining was too thin. (For this stage, the medication was high estrogen rather than menopur.)

The next cycle, I had a natural ET and I took omega 3 oils. It probably didn't make any difference but it made me feel more active. My lining was thick enough to have the transfer, so it didn't do any harm.

Longleggedlovely Mon 25-Jul-16 15:21:11

Thank you both, just seen these!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now