Page 2 | How many IVF attempts did it take for you to become pregnant?

(43 Posts)
Poptart27 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:27:18

I have two friends going through IVF and trying to supportive. Neither are on any forums like this, although I wish they would be.

Friend one has had failed IUI and 1 failed IVF (fresh). She has quite severe endo.

Friend two is had 1 failed IVF (fresh) and 1 failed (frozen) IVF. Her DP has low sperm motility and count.

How long did it take you to become pregnant on IVF? Each cycle is heartbreaking for both friends, I can't even imagine it sad

OP’s posts: |
Ilikesweetpeas Sun 24-Jul-16 18:52:56

Third time for me, it is a horrible stressful process and I would have loved a friend to support me through it. All I seemed to be surrounded by was people thinking it would definitely work. Big good luck to your friend, and thank you to you for being there flowers

SanFranDreaming Sun 24-Jul-16 21:56:44

Just had a miscarriage after fresh cycle 3. Had 3 fresh and one FET in total. 2 positive tests and 2 early miscarriages. Nothing frozen.

I was initially told I had 50% chance of success. Male factor issues.
Utter bollocks.
Feeling sorry for myself currently as we lost the biological lottery, and there is no cause/explanation/reason why.

However, I will pull myself together, and start all over again.

Infertility is a LONG road....

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 24-Jul-16 22:18:34

Oh sans that's crap 💐💐

What medication did you take? Maybe hormones need to be higher?

Ilikesweetpeas Mon 25-Jul-16 11:04:28

So sad to hear that San flowers

SanFranDreaming Tue 26-Jul-16 11:07:08

Thanks for being kind. We are fine, I need some time away from all of this, drink some wine, have a holiday and then we will reassess.
Mumsnet has been a huge help x

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 30-Jul-16 18:26:07

the 5th time has worked for us, still in shock tbh, still very early days but omg, cant believe im actually pregnant ......

Advertisement

bananafish81 Sat 30-Jul-16 18:33:33

Huge congratulations Blondes! Everything crossed for a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 30-Jul-16 18:47:39

thanks banana xx

Somerville Sat 30-Jul-16 19:37:18

Blondes shock grin grin grin
Few things I've read on here have made me this happy!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 31-Jul-16 08:46:02

Thanks somerville we've talked over pm so you know a lot of my vast history and still shocked. I had to retest yesterday as didn't believe I was really pregnant a week later

Been a long 10yrs ttc and well as all the failed cycles plus dh dying 5yrs ago

Hyland Sun 31-Jul-16 11:38:24

First fresh ICSI cycle 2x embryos failed.

Frozen cycle 2x embryos failed.

Next fresh ICSI cycle, 2x embryos we got our first positive result.
Only one embryo implanted and I am now 12 weeks+2 days.

We started private IVF with consultant appointment in August 2015 and our pregnant result was June 2016.

Good Luck

closeyoureyes23 Mon 01-Aug-16 14:03:43

All in all I had 3 unsuccessful icsi and 1failed ivf. After this it was difficult to find efforts to continue and keep hope, but we succeeded. Already the next ivf attempt was successful. That was a miracle.

Indecisivejo Wed 03-Aug-16 09:26:08

1st attempt was a positive preg test but was an ectopic (already had one ectopic before this naturally) finally got preg again on 4th cycle and had a baby boy (now almost 5 yrs old) have had another 2 attempts since with frozen embryos but both failed. I'm counting my lucky stars at having my son and don't think I can do it any more even though he keeps asking for a brother or sister sad had to tell him mummy's tummy is broken. Ivf is mentally and physically horrendous!

Trups1234 Fri 28-Dec-18 11:37:23

I m going through IVf process. Embryo transfer not done yet due to thin endometrial lining. Kindly advise to thicken lining. What diet u maintained throughout process. Post transfer what precautions did you take. Kindly advise. Thanks smile

Trups1234 Fri 28-Dec-18 11:40:34

Hi, Please share your success story. Kindly advise me as m going through the process.

Thanks

Blondebrunette1 Fri 04-Jan-19 15:42:19

I have been wanting to ask this to help support my friends too, or at least have some idea when they talk to me. I have one friend who conceived first time ivf and miscarried and then second time ivf she went on to have her baby so I just presumed it will be this way for my other friends. Both of them have conceived before naturally, both only have problems with implantation/damage to tubes. Does this make ivf more likely to work first time for them taking into consideration they have strong sperm/eggs (sorry if im wording this wrong.) They are under 35 and fairly fit and healthy. Hope you don't mind me asking on this thread OP. X

GG2233 Tue 15-Jan-19 01:28:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TinyPaws Tue 15-Jan-19 07:54:46

3 pregnancies from 3 rounds of medicated IUI and 1 fresh IVF. No live baby though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in