Talk

Advanced search

Clomid side effects

(13 Posts)
daisyrosie Fri 08-Jul-16 18:38:53

I'm on my first cycle of clomid (taken days 2-6) and had Day 21 blood test on Monday. I've had a small amount of spotting since then. Is this a normal side effect or should I be worried? The hospital said I only needed a blood test for the first cycle and haven't offered any further monitoring so not sure what to expect. Any thoughts would be much appreciated 😀 Thanks.

friends123 Fri 08-Jul-16 21:46:30

Hi Daisy, I'm currently on cycle day 21 and on my first Clomid cycle too.I've had some side effects but no spotting so far. I can't answer your question but I often get spotting a few days before AF is due, hope it's not that though. Good luck. smile

Wispin Fri 08-Jul-16 21:49:10

Hi daisyrosie, I don't want to get you excited but it might be implantation bleeding...maybe do a pregnancy test near your period due date...good luck..xx

Pommes Fri 08-Jul-16 21:52:08

I'm on my second clomid cycle and think it could be ovulation bleeding - which Google tells me is a 'thing' particularly during fertility treatment. For both of my cycles I had a slight bleed at around ovulation time.

friends123 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:00:58

Did your day 21 progesterone test confirm ovulation Daisy? Fingers crossed it's implantation bleeding like Wispin suggested. wink

daisyrosie Fri 08-Jul-16 23:10:18

Ovulation / implantation bleeding sounds hopeful either way, thanks guys! I've not had the result back yet for the blood test, fingers crossed for a good result!
Pommes, do you find you ovulate later in the cycle with clomid? ove heard it can make your cycles longer? Xx

daisyrosie Fri 15-Jul-16 20:49:17

AF arrived yesterday, so on to clomid cycle 2 today. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your replies x

2ndstreet Sat 16-Jul-16 12:33:50

With my clomid cycles I got spotting from 7dpo to AF fertility nurse prescribed progesterone suppositries which which stopped this. So might be worth asking them....

choccybiscuit Sun 17-Jul-16 08:16:29

Hot flushes like you would not believe! Practically had to strip off every time I had one

friends123 Wed 20-Jul-16 12:47:05

Hi,
How is everyone else finding the Clomid ? I've had horrendous hot flushes, but now I can't seem to stop balling my eyes out over erm nothing haha.
This is my second cycle. My period was only really light last month and it lasted for about a day and since then just had tiny amounts of spotting . I normally have 6 day, heavy periods.

daisyrosie Fri 22-Jul-16 20:32:17

With my first cycle I found I was really emotional for no real reason, also really thirsty despite drinking more than usual. Also very little CM compared to before clomid. Then the spotting from day 21 until af arrived on day 30. First day heavier than usual! My blood test result from the first clomid cycle was 62 so they said I may have released 2 eggs. I'm onto the 2nd cycle now, not had as many side effects this time so hoping that's a good thing!

How's everyone else finding it? Xx

daisyrosie Fri 22-Jul-16 20:36:44

Friends have you taken a pregnancy test? Could it be implantation bleeding?

daisyrosie Fri 22-Jul-16 20:45:14

2ndstreet, can you get the progesterone suppositories prescribed in the UK? I had an appointment today to discuss the issue with the bleeding and I was told there was nothing they could do to stop it and it's caused by hormones and stress! If I can get some that would be great! Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now