Talk

Advanced search

Not conceiving after RCM

(5 Posts)
Levy123 Sun 19-Jun-16 09:40:51

Hi all, I'm fairly new to mumsnet. Hoping to see if anyone else is having a similar experience to me? Last year I experienced 3 early miscarriages (all under 9 weeks) and was referred to the RMC clinic for tests, whilst waiting for appointment they told us to have a break from trying to conceive. Results all came back negative but consultant suggested trying progesterone as wouldn't do any harm. Started trying again in Dec last year and had a chemical pregnancy in early Jan. Since then have been using progesterone every month as prescribed and have not conceived since. I know this is still in the realm of normal but last year I conceived each month we tried, so it is unusual for me (3 miscarriages in 8 months). We have a meeting with the consultant again in August, but wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

ffon Sun 19-Jun-16 21:07:23

Bumping for you.

Levy123 Sun 19-Jun-16 21:58:42

Thank you x

Tryingno1 Tue 28-Jun-16 22:00:23

Hi levy

I'm sorry about ur mcs sad

I understand that Coventry (rm clinic) uses progesterone post ovulation to try make ur lining more selective. So u don't accept chromosomally abnormal embryos But for some ladies it makes it too selective and u can't get preg. If u go into the rm thread on mumsnet there's a few ladies who that has happened to. And they have been puzzled too! They finally had success by taking progesterone after a bfp. It should be on the rm thread trying again on the miscarriage part of mumsnet that's v quiet now so u will have to read through older threads

I don't have exp personally but have seen it mentioned a few times when I used to lurk there

Best of luck xxx

Levy123 Wed 29-Jun-16 08:45:35

Thank you for your message, that is really helpful. Hubby and I have decided to stop using progesterone on day 21, but I was considering continuing if I get a BFP, so that's interesting to know. I'll speak to the consultant. Thank you again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now