Talk

Advanced search

Mid cycle spotting- progesterone suppositories

(2 Posts)
Levy123 Tue 07-Jun-16 16:44:55

Hi all,

New to mumsnet and just looking for some advice really. I'm being treated for recurrent miscarriages with St Mary's (3 MMC and 1 cp over 2 years) The tests came back negative for everything but consultant said I could try progesterone as experience a little spotting before period is due..generally 3-4 days before. He said to start taking on cd 21 every month, take pregnancy test on day period is due and stop taking if BFN so period starts. Since starting to use the progesterone suppositories (past three months) I've had brown/pink spotting starting on CD 18. It's happened on the same day each month and lasts until I start the progesterone on cd 21.

I've never had spotting so early before so it's freakjng me out! Not sure if it's a side effect of the progesterone or not? Has anyone else experienced anything similar? ive also got an endometrioma on my ovary, so not sure if it's that playing up too.

I've spoken to my GP who wasn't sure but didn't think the progesterone would do this, but she's not a fertility expert and my next clinic appointment is not until August.

Thank you for taking the time to read x

Mrsunsure123 Fri 10-Jun-16 20:38:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now