IVF - Any recomended Hospitals in South East/Kent

(10 Posts)
shannon1907 Fri 20-May-16 15:46:29

Hi, am now considering IVF/ICSI after 2 years of trying since last MC. Emailed about 6 different hospitals for their success rates and price lists, any which people can recommend or ones to avoid, ive emailed BMI Chelsfield Orpington, Guys & St Thomas, Kings College, Blackheath, The London Women's Clinic and Concept Fertility Clinic -

Any advise greatly received :-) x

bananafish81 Fri 20-May-16 21:52:49

Not been there but Lister very highly recommended

I'm cycling with a private consultant rather than a clinic, he works with CARE London, so I go there for EC /ET and it's their lab, but no experience of being treated directly by them. My experience with them thus far has been great, but wrong side of London for you anyway!

CARE do have a clinic in Tunbridge Wells I think....

cheapredwine Sat 21-May-16 20:56:20

You might get quicker answers from HFEA website re success rates, definitely worth a look. Only clinic I have experience of around there is ARGC, but that might be too far for you?

Badleg Sun 22-May-16 21:55:15

I used Mr Steer at Chelsfield. Thought he was lovely. Nurses very friendly.

Paffle Sun 22-May-16 21:56:56

Guys were brilliant

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 15-Jul-16 14:41:05

Surprises me you don't mention care in tunbridge wells

Tho I lost faith in them. 2 failed cycles no left to freeze and £10k poorer

Friend went on NHS and preg first time at same clinic

You hear the good success stories - not the failed ones

I hear lister good but they are exspensive

lotsoffreckles Fri 15-Jul-16 18:47:47

Could not recommend Guys more they have been amazing star

drinkyourmilk Sat 16-Jul-16 16:31:55

It's probably too far for you - but I'm at the Nuffield Woking. They've been amazing, and fantastic results (relatively speaking) for my age group (39).

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Sun 17-Jul-16 15:08:57

Guys are fantastic, we went there after a failed cycle (and really crappy service/lack of organisation) at Kings, which I'd avoid like the plague. Two friends and my GP recommended Guys to me, if you can afford it go consultant-led under Yacoub Khalaf, he's a brilliant man who helped me get pg with my current DC (still in utero). Best of luck!

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Sun 17-Jul-16 15:11:25

NB Kings lost our records, forgot to tell us we needed to come for tests, and when the cycle failed didn't offer us a follow-up appointment for nearly two MONTHS! It was a really traumatic time made worse by their complete lack of organisational skills and empathy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now