Talk

Advanced search

Referral to Seacroft Hospital Leeds

(8 Posts)
broodykingy Thu 07-Apr-16 12:16:42

Hi All,

My partner and I have been ttc for 1 1/2 years now. My doctor has undertaken all the tests they can do so blood tests, ultrasound, hysteroscopy and my partner has had a semen sample so we are now waiting to go to the Reproductive medicine ward at Seacroft hospital in mid May.

I just wondered if anyone had been and could just explain about their first consultation (especially if they had done a lot of tests prior to this).

No problems have arisen so far, only issue is my periods aren't regular, cycles range from 15 to 40 days! So they haven't been able to do the blood test for ovulation.

Just worried about how long we will be waiting for more tests as (like everyone in this topic) we are desperate for a baby and it is so emotionally draining. Especially as since we started trying we have known 17 other couples that have fallen pregnant, most within the first 3 months of ttc or by accident. Whilst i want to be so happy for them it is so hard :-(.

Thanks,

Chattycat78 Thu 07-Apr-16 12:54:20

I did IVF with seacroft in 2014. I found them good. They were pretty quick and from 1st consultation to cycling I think it was about 3 months. I seem to remember you'll have an initial appointment with a consultant to see what they suggest, then the nurse appt where they show you how to use the drugs, and then off you go if they suggest IVF that is (subject to how busy they are). Good luck!

broodykingy Thu 07-Apr-16 14:05:01

Thank you for your response and your words of reassurance Chattycat78 x

bessie84 Fri 08-Apr-16 15:03:12

currently 27 weeks with first cycle of ivf at seacroft, found them fab. good luck x

broodykingy Fri 08-Apr-16 17:05:03

Thanks Bessie84! Glad you had a good experience. May seems to be taking ages to come around as I just want to know what the next steps will be

broodykingy Wed 20-Apr-16 17:35:14

Chattycat78 and bessie84 did you both have tests after your initial consultation?

Just getting a big anxious about what will happen, our appointment is in 18 May. We have already had some tests but I think there are more we could have as currently no problems found

Chattycat78 Thu 21-Apr-16 11:14:40

Only amh and AFC. Didn't have any others. Maybe it depends on what the consultant thinks the problem might be

broodykingy Fri 13-May-16 15:07:38

Finally my appointment is next Wednesday!! Just want to know what the next steps are now (month 19 of TTC)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now