Buying IVF drugs

(6 Posts)
Amummyatlast Mon 28-Mar-16 09:49:08

Has anyone ever bought IVF drugs from somewhere like ASDA? I know it's possible (once your clinic has given you the prescription) but I'm not sure of the mechanics. Do you just ring the local pharmacy and ask them? I've also read online that ASDA doesn't supply the needles, which i'm a little confused by as, from memory, all the drugs I had previously either were pre filled pens or had the needle in the packet.

I'm likely to be taking Gonal F, Cetrotide and Ovitrelle.

SesameSparkle Mon 28-Mar-16 10:14:56

Hi, just ring your local asda pharmacy with a list of drugs, doses etc. that you need and get a quote. Remember to ask about availability too. Then you go in with your hard copy prescription to order. Those 3 drugs you listed do indeed come with their own needles. Compare prices with your own clinic first as some are able to supply those drugs cheaper than asda.

Amummyatlast Mon 28-Mar-16 10:21:07

Thanks Sesame! That sounds much easier that I thought it might be.

cheapredwine Tue 29-Mar-16 07:38:00

As you probably know OP Asda have a policy of no profit on IVF drugs so they are generally very reasonable. However, do be aware that if you need to fill a prescription quickly (same day) they might not be able to as they tend to order things in IYSWIM. They should supply needles, just double check (but needles aren't that expensive if you need to buy them). Good luck!

Oooblimey Wed 30-Mar-16 11:31:10

I got mine from asda. They were very good, they even split my prescription as last time I forked out the £70(ish) I MC a week later. I explained my concerns to the pharmacist this time and he kindly let me have and pay for just the amount I needed to get me to the first scan and gave me a note stating what was outstanding from the original prescription. When I had my scan I went back and got the rest of my prescription.

Amummyatlast Wed 30-Mar-16 18:21:32

Thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now