Talk

Advanced search

stimms diet

(6 Posts)
tillyann2013 Fri 25-Mar-16 17:53:56

Someone posted a really extensive list of do's and don'ts whilst stimming and I can't find it. Don't suppose anyone has it to hand please?

cheapredwine Sun 27-Mar-16 16:51:22

I don't have the list unfortunately but lots of protein and lots and lots of fluids. Both will help the eggs develop and grow. Handy way of combining both is to drink a litre or so of milk. Minimal caffeine, no alcohol. Good luck OP

bananafish81 Sun 27-Mar-16 18:42:34

Protein protein and more protein

ARGC tell patients to drink 2l of water and 1l of milk a day

Lots of oily fish, leafy green veg, the usual

Did I mention protein?

I drank a ton of coconut water to help with bloating

And lots of eggs for my eggs. Plus protein powder with Greek yogurt for a protein boost

Brazil nuts for selenium

(Chocolate covered Brazil nuts as a post injection treat grin)

Good luck!

tillyann2013 Mon 28-Mar-16 15:31:23

Thank you both, have found the skyr yoghurts are really high in protein so have been having those. Trying my best to drink lots of water. Not a milk lover, can I take skimmed? Or does that defeat the purpose?

bananafish81 Mon 28-Mar-16 15:46:51

I hate milk, it makes me boak

I had chocolate milk like a child!! blush

cheapredwine Mon 28-Mar-16 20:38:14

Skimmed is fine. Avoid soya though (oestrogen). You don't necessarily need to have milk, it's just quite a handy way of getting fluids, protein and calcium etc in one package. Skyr yoghuts sound like a good plan! I found some of the high protein porridge pots helpful (some have soya though) and also Trek coconut and chocolate protein flapjacks became a staple and taste really nice though not cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now