Talk

Advanced search

Sub-fertile and weightloss and huge emotional stress.

(4 Posts)
catmama16 Sat 19-Mar-16 14:04:49

We have been trying for a baby for 18 months and have been told we are classified as sub-fertile.
DH's sperm has problems.
I was originally told everything was fine with me but have now been told my score on the 21 day tests was also on the lower end. Repeated the test this week.
GP has agreed to refer us but I am 5 BMI points too heavy. Now got to get the weight off asap and its causing me so much stress. I am Bi Polar and although I am well at the moment, I am not on any medication and its like waiting for something bad to happen. I am a terrible emotional eater and with all the stress I am really struggling.
The worst bit is I am starting to feel really resentful of my husband. Its not all the time. When each test comes back negative or my period arrives I get really sad and then angry. It doesn't last but I hate that I even feel it. I love him dearly.
I don't really know what I hoped to achieve by coming on here. I needed to get it out and I was hoping that people who understand the process might be able to offer advice or support.
Thanks for taking the time to read.

mouldycheesefan Sat 19-Mar-16 14:08:48

Ask for counselling, most clinics have a counsellor so you will get it then but it sounds like you need it now. Infertility is very very stressful and you have additional issues. Speak to your GP about that. Counselling gives you a space space to let put any sentiment and angst and grief.
Good luck flowers

catmama16 Sat 19-Mar-16 14:19:13

Thanks for your reply. I will ask when I go in to see them about counselling.

bunnybabe74 Sun 20-Mar-16 01:58:22

Hi catmama16,

I feel I understand some of what you're going through. We've been trying for 19 months to conceive & we fell pregnant in July but miscarried in August at 7 weeks. I've suffered depression, anxiety & other conditions for many years & I'm struggling to have any hope at the moment. I too am also 3 BMI points over & trying to lose weight but it is an uphill struggle, especially when every time I feel low, sad or bored I head for the kitchen. The negative tests, waiting for your period to arrive then the hope when ovulation time comes round etc etc is such an emotional roller coaster. I feel drained & irritated everyday (poor fiancé). I wish I could just flick a switch that would make me not want a baby so I could stop hurting & get on with my life. Sorry if that sounds very self pitying. Big hugs, hopefully we'll get our dreams come true xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now