Talk

Advanced search

Normal lap and dye .. What next

(6 Posts)
birchygoo Wed 24-Feb-16 14:57:46

Hi all I have disappeared for a few months while waiting on lap and dye. Had it yesterday all normal! Have tried 5 months of clomid and been trying for 18 months now! I was so expecting something to be picked up on lap n dye. So just wondering what next? Has anyone been in this situation? Do you think I could have been mentaly blocking things as I was convinced I had blocked tubes

cheapredwine Wed 24-Feb-16 21:11:11

Many many couples struggling with infertility fall into the unexplained category. Nothing showed up in my lap and dye either, nothing obvious full stop, ditto for OH. Definitely don't think you're blocking things mentally. My guess will be either more Clomid or an IVF referral. Has your OH had any tests?

birchygoo Wed 24-Feb-16 22:16:31

Yep all his tests were normal as well - an answer would be so much easier at this point but I guess there is always hope

cheapredwine Thu 25-Feb-16 10:00:20

A lot of experts don't think there's anything in it, but I really do... It could be your immune system attacking the embryo before / at implantation. Could equally be lots of other things too (including that old chestnut - just give it time - agh!) Presumably first step would be follow up with gynae (or GP) and take it from there? Can I ask how old you are birchy?

birchygoo Thu 25-Feb-16 10:49:23

I'm 31 - I do have immune issues. Am also waiting on follow up with fertility clinic - was just wondering what they might be saying to me

cheapredwine Thu 25-Feb-16 16:41:45

Does your clinic offer immune treatment? If not, would you consider going elsewhere? It's so hard though I know. Wish you all the very best birchy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now