Talk

Advanced search

FET timelines

(23 Posts)
sunshineonarainyday1 Tue 23-Feb-16 15:57:39

Hello ladies

My fresh cycle embryo transfer has just failed (TTC baby no 2. Last time IVF worked first time so obviously massively disappointed it hasn't worked again).

I have 4 frosties (had none first time round) and keen to start again asap.

Can anyone give me an idea of timescales in terms of when we can start again and what the process is in terms of a medicated cycle? My price list just lists elleste and cyclogest as medication so I'm assuming I don't down reg this time...is that right?

Thank you to anyone who can offer any advice xxx

sammylou1 Tue 23-Feb-16 17:23:21

Hi sunshine, so sorry your cycle didn't work, I know that feeling. I also understand wanting to get started again right away. Each clinics different, but 100% they will wait until all signs of your previous stimulation have gone, so I should imagine at least one month out.

For me, my medicated FET cycle involved starting estrogen tablets from around CD4 (after baseline scan) with a trigger injection 36 hours before transfer which is also the point where I started the cyclogest pessaries. I was very unwell from the estrogen so didn't actually make it to transfer so can't advise on what happens after. Xx

sunshineonarainyday1 Tue 23-Feb-16 19:25:12

HI Sammy

Thank you for replying and for the information. Sorry to hear the oestrogen made you unwell. Are you planning to try again or maybe do natural cycle?

Sounds like it is much shorter cycle for FET which is good to hear.

Good luck for whatever direction you go in next

Xxx

sammylou1 Tue 23-Feb-16 19:47:22

Thanks sunshine, I did a natural FET in November which sadly failed, and am due to start another medicated FET on the back of my next period with an altered dose. Xx

sunshineonarainyday1 Tue 23-Feb-16 20:44:16

Aww good luck Sammy... Will keep an eye out to see how it goes xxx

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 23-Feb-16 21:18:59

we did a fet month after failed ivf as clinic said body is in a good place to carry on, but guess all vary

was 20 days from start of period, took 6g of progynova daily and then think 5 days before transfer then 800g pesseries daily and carry on both till test

sadly failed again for me so dont know what happens if are preg and what dose thrn go on

fer much quicker easier, cheaper and no injections then full cycle

sunshineonarainyday1 Wed 24-Feb-16 09:15:30

Hi Blondes

Thanks for replying. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Very disappointing. Hopefully you'll get more luck soon.

When you say you did FET month after do you mean you started the progynova on day 1 of your next cycle? That is quick. I'm waiting for clinic to ring me back to discuss next steps but I'm keen to start again as soon as they think my body is ready. And 20 days to complete the cycle much better than a fresh cycle. Thank you for the info. Good luck to you for the future xx

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Feb-16 16:13:48

Yes on day of period I started taking the blue tablets - mad dash to doctors for prescription

Wasn't planning to go as quick but scan at clinic said they saw the 3rd lining and looked good to go

So thought what the hell

Transfer was 6 days after scan

Yes 20 days from start of period

Vixxfacee Wed 24-Feb-16 16:17:32

Hi,

I am due to start my fet next month. I was told to call on day 1 of March period and then on day 21 I would start medication.

sunshineonarainyday1 Wed 24-Feb-16 22:36:01

Vixx, thank you for sending through the attachment. It's not come through massively clear but I can just about make out what the process is, so thank you. Good luck for your FET. Let us know how you get on if you don't mind

Blondes, it really was very quick then. Will you do another frozen transfer or have some time out first? Realistically we probably aren't going to be able to do a FET until my June period as we are away in May....bit disappointed as I was keen to start Asap but 4 months isn't too long.....so I tell myself!

whynogutfeeling Wed 24-Feb-16 22:40:52

Do keep in mind that you may not down reg sufficiently on the initial protocol. This happened to me, though is unusual. My initial protocol was just elleste tablets as per my clinic's usual protocol but my lining stayed too thick and my ovaries didn't fully shut down so I needed to induce a bleed (Norethisterone is evil!) and re-start the cycle, adding in Burserelin injections. Overall this meant the cycle wasn't as quick or as stress free as I imagined. That's after a textbook fresh IVF cycle.

sunshineonarainyday1 Thu 25-Feb-16 07:30:16

Whynogutfeeling, thanks for the heads up. That's annoying after a textbook fresh cycle. Just goes to show anything can happen. Hope you had some success in subsequent treatment xxx

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Feb-16 09:12:32

sunshine we are going to have a few months off. Been Through a lot recently - 3 fresh cycles and one fet since may 2014

So 4 goes in all and all failed. Totally heart breaking tbh sad

Age is a worry as I'm 42 but as have 4 frozen left and they are paid for 2yrs

Just keep thinking one has do work. Surely not all 8 tries can fail? sad

But at the moment I'm mentally emotionally and financially drained x

sunshineonarainyday1 Thu 25-Feb-16 19:54:09

Oh Blondes, it sounds like you've had a hell of a couple of years. I can understand you feeling emotionally and financially drained. Is this for baby no 1? Infertility is a bitch. Really hope a few months off helps you feel more refreshed and ready to go again. Wish I could tell you that it will work with one of your four frosties but all I can say is that I really do hope it does as you've been through so much already xxxx

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Feb-16 21:24:59

yes baby no 1 and as df has kids previously (tho all in 20's) all been private as well - hit £21k and think how much more do we spend,as no guarntee

insane eh

thanks xxx

sunshineonarainyday1 Thu 25-Feb-16 21:42:25

Ah gosh Blondes, that is a lot of money.....I have no idea how much is the right amount to spend. Before we went through treatment for my DD I said I would spend whatever it took but then we started treatment and I honestly don't think I could have gone through it again if it hadn't worked..it was the hardest thing I have ever done. This time is very different as we've been so lucky already and anything extra is a bonus so treatment feels more of a process to get a baby than anything else, if that makes any sense. I think you're doing the right thing having some time out.....maybe have a nice holiday this summer or at least some time off work together and then reevaluate things.

Does your clinic have any suggestions of anything else you could try? May I ask what the cause of your infertility is? I have a bicornuate uterus and endometriosis so believe this is the reason I never conceived naturally after three years of trying and 2 laparoscopies. But when we had IVF first time.round we had 13 eggs but only 2 fertilised despite my DH sample being perfectly fine. This time round we have had ICSI so makes me think that maybe I could never conceive as none of my eggs ever got fertilised. But we will never know for sure.

All I do know is life is tough sometimes....!

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Feb-16 23:10:08

two diff clinics, lost faith in the first one after 2 failed

and once we were in 2nd clinic which is abroad, their whole approach was different, so even tho failed twice there, i still have trust in them iyswim

last cycle was the only one with spare embroys to freeze - sitting in the freezer in sunny madrid wink

i have unexplained fertility, ttc 10yrs or so, with 2 different men, sadly dh died 5 years ago, then a year later met dp now my df and we ttc almost at once

i do have one blocked tube, tho was told no reason why i wouldnt get preg as other one is clear and healthy, but i dont, hence the unexplained fertility

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Feb-16 23:11:06

sorry, ive seemed to totally hijacked your post blush

sorry your 2nd cycle didnt work, lets hope frosties work for you and me flowers

sunshineonarainyday1 Fri 26-Feb-16 09:51:56

No, don't be sorry. It's good to talk. I'm so sorry that you've had such a long journey and for the loss of your DH. Sounds like you've been through the mill more than most and deserve some good news soon.

Have heard so many good things about IVF abroad and sounds like you are happier with them than first. Maybe a trip to sunny Madrid to end the summer off?! wink When are you and DF hoping to get married?

sunshineonarainyday1 Fri 26-Feb-16 09:53:29

Ps even with blocked tube were they able to retrieve any eggs?

sunshineonarainyday1 Fri 26-Feb-16 09:53:29

Ps even with blocked tube were they able to retrieve any eggs?

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 26-Feb-16 10:09:01

I assume so. First two times got quite a few eggs but few died after fertilised and most didn't make past day 3

Where abroad all got to day 5 and 2 day 6

Add in my darling mum dying between cycle 1&2 - I've had a shit 5 yrs on and off - tho meeting my new partner who is amazingly supportive and my mum adored him are highlights

Thanks about dh and no plans for DF and I for wedding yet as spend £7k recently on ivf - we decided that was more important then a wedding day

Agree a few days in the sun will do is some Good in a few months

We may be having a fet around the same time x

sunshineonarainyday1 Fri 26-Feb-16 13:46:58

Oh bless you it really does sound like a hell of a five years and you're due a change of luck.

Enjoy your hols if you decide to go away. Keep in touch re FET, will be good to chat to someone else especially if it's at same time.

Good luck my dear xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now