Talk

Advanced search

Anyone suffering secondary infertility?

(3 Posts)
Katymac32 Fri 19-Feb-16 13:20:53

Right now I feel so alone. My husband and I have a 2.5 yr old who was conceived pretty quickly after 3 months. At that point we knew he had a sperm count of 70 million . Now after 18 months of trying we have been told his count has dropped to just 9 million! It's distressing as we don't understand how this happened and we feel like our lives are dominated by this thing.
My question is, has anyone encountered this? How did you deal with it? I feel so guilty feeling this upset when I have a beautiful child but ache for him to have a sibling. Everyone around me are having their second children and it's tearing my husband and I apart.

closephine85 Fri 19-Feb-16 15:03:32

Hi Katymac, sorry to hear you are experiencing this. There is a thread a little further down titled 'any success stories for secondary infertility' why not come and join us on there?

I am in a similar situation to you - a 4 yo conceived after 6 months of trying and now 2.5 years down the line we are still trying for number two. My DHs count seems to keep dropping, it's gone from 14million to just 2 million in the last year which is pretty scary. No idea what it was when we conceived our ds.

Sorry that I can't offer any real advice but you are not alone and the feeling that it is dominating your life is a very familiar one to me! It's always there at the back of my mind no matter what I'm doing/how much fun I'm supposed to be having!

Katymac32 Fri 19-Feb-16 15:28:16

Thank you. I will join that. So frustrating isn't it xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now