Egg donor- Hellish experience post EC!

(7 Posts)
rl94 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:10:31

Hi there,
I am a very young altruistic egg donor, I decided to donate my eggs to a couple that needed them and have recently ended my treatment and have been in for egg collection this past week. I am currently day 3 post EC and I feel like DEATH.
I woke from the sedation loving life, and almost sprang out of that clinic! By the evening I had cramps that were reminiscent of a really bad period. The next day I could barely move through pain and had a few incidents of nausea in which I was standing by the loo ready to vomit! Pain is so intense weeing feels like I'm being stabbed, I haven't had a poo in days (TMI) and I can't even sneeze!!
My stomach is so bloated I honestly look 6 months pregnant and the clexane injections I have will barely enter my stomach as it's so protruding.
I had over 30 eggs collected from me, which I was told was almost the most they've ever collected, and was warned I was at a very high risk of OHSS. I'm just worried It's more than just pain from the needle? I could really do without OHSS right now as I have so much work to do and need to be on top form!
I feel awful but I've had times these last few days where I've felt so unwell I've kinda wished I hadn't put myself through this, and that's an awful thought sad
Today I have only been able to sip water as even that is causing my gag reflex to go. Has anyone gone through a similar experience post EC and can give me any tips? xx

cheapredwine Sun 17-Jan-16 14:38:14

You need to talk to the clinic OP, pretty urgently. 30 eggs is a lot and yes, OHSS is very real risk. Please contact them today

Hyland Sun 17-Jan-16 15:52:29

Go to hospital now if you have t already, organs can fail and all sorts.

It is a very serious thing and work isn't more important than your life.

I agree you sound like OHSS my friend had it with symptoms of severe bloating despite being like a size 6/8 and being sick and feeling faint and she couldn't even drive home from work. The walk in centre sent her away saying she wasn't bloated and she maintained she was for her. She went to A&E in the end.

She was pregnant from ivf and the OHSS was an after effect rather than leading up to EC.

cheapredwine Sun 17-Jan-16 16:08:37

OP have you called them? You need a lot of fluids, possibly safest with something like Gatorade. If you get breathless or stop being able to wee you need to go to A&E IMMEDIATELY. Please seek medical help

sammylou1 Thu 21-Jan-16 19:59:55

What an amazing thing to do, sorry you have ended up feeling so poorly. Really hope you've had some medical help now? I had mild OHSS and felt terrible, please update us. X

ilovewelshrarebit123 Thu 21-Jan-16 20:23:16

You need to call the clinic emergency number as this sounds like OHSS.

Don't leave it, even if it's not you've still checked.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 24-Jan-16 10:16:58

Def sounds like ohss. Did the clinic give you an information sheet about the possible effects? And a hotline telephone no. Call them or call NHS hotline

Never heard of 30 eggs before - most I've had was 13 follicles but think had 8 eggs in them

Last one was 11 eggs

30 is an amazingly high collection and therefore even more likely it is ohss

flowers for egg donating - for couple who can't have children - you are their only hope

Hope you feel better soon and def ring medical help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now