Talk

Advanced search

Alternative therapies any good?

(2 Posts)
LondonT2202 Wed 13-Jan-16 14:03:13

Hi everyone.
Feeling down in the dumps today as AF just arrived after two goes at IUI without sucess. Doc is now booking me in in March for investigative survey to remove a possible fibroid and check I haven't got endometriosis.

That means I have one more month (Feb) to try naturally before having surgery!! Eek!!

I want to give it be best attempt I can so am considering some alternative therapies this month incase it helps. Don't know where to start though - acupuncture,hypnosis, Chinese medicine?!? What is supposed to well best and has anyone had any success?

Please help X

BipBippadotta Wed 13-Jan-16 22:32:20

Hey London. Really sorry about the arrival of AF. It's just so disheartening.

As for alternative therapies, my feeling is that most are a pointless waste of money. And I've tried them all (reflexology, fertility massage, fertility yoga, etc). If you find any of them relaxing, though, it's worth it just for that, during a hugely stressful time.

That said, both times I've got pg recently (both mcs) it's been after 8 weeks of acupuncture. But that's correlation rather than causation. It does seem to steady my zig-zaggy BBT.

Another thing that worked once for me (...another mc) was soy isoflavones, taken for 5 days early in the cycle like Clomid. But if you've already tried Clomid and that hasn't worked, soy probably won't either as they do quite similar things to your ovaries.

Best of luck for next cycle. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now