Advanced search

next step?

(6 Posts)
backonthewagon Sat 02-Jan-16 11:52:15

Has anyone's GP referred their male partner to a urologist? I had bloodwork done which showed low progesterone. Gp referred me to gynae. My dp's SA came back with low count, motility and morphology. We don't qualify for NHS assisted conception so they just sent him on his merry way. Should he not have been referred to the male equivalent of gynae like I was?

MrsH14 Sat 02-Jan-16 14:47:52

We are male factor only and our NHS don't help with IVF and our first appointment was with a gynae. The gynae sent us both off for more tests as my husband has Azoospermia. Our follow up appointment is with a urologist.
I would go to the gynea appointment with your dp as they will probably send him off for more tests also.

Good luck

backonthewagon Sat 02-Jan-16 19:06:44

Ah so I will go to gynae first then she will refer DP to urologist?

backonthewagon Sat 02-Jan-16 19:08:04

What tests did gynae order for you and your DH?

MrsH14 Sat 02-Jan-16 19:31:02

In our case that's what happened. I had day 3 bloods and a second ultrasound because I had everything done before. Unsure why he sent me for a second ultrasound as my one in August came back good.
Dh has had to have blood tests (4sets) and an ultrasound of his testes. All of our tests were done within 2 weeks of that appointment but our follow up is not until the beginning of Feb.

Pixa Sat 02-Jan-16 19:36:37

We had s completely different approach.

Dh has azoospermia. We were told that we would see someone in urology/andrology at our IVF clinic. He has had blood tests to check hormone levels and chromosomes.

In the mean time, I've had; D3 and D21 blood tests, rubella tests, a cervical screening, a failed HSG, and a lap.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: