Talk

Advanced search

Boston Place/ 92 Harley Street - IVF feedback?

(7 Posts)
Penny1234 Sat 19-Dec-15 18:48:25

I would really appreciate any feedback you have on Boston Place/ 92 Harley Street please. I have had failed ICSI IVF at Hammersmith Hospital and now looking to go private to try again in January.

We are keen to use Boston Place as their senior consultant Stuart Lavely is also a consultant at Hammersmith and Queen Charlottes so is very experienced, he has direct access to our NHs hospital notes and previous treatment history so can make informed decisions about our next treatment.

My main concern is that Boston Place is relatively new and there are other clinics around with very good reputations e.g. the Lister and im worried about making the wrong choise. I am also struggling to find unbiased reviews on Boston Place so would love to hear from you!

Thank you.

Maurice169 Sat 19-Dec-15 20:05:27

I was recommended 92 Harley. At 45 I didn't think my own eggs would be any good but the consultant said we should test anyway. It turned out I would have only 10percent chance.
So we went ahead with donor egg, Harley street is linked with Quiron Barcelona in Spain so we were recommended to go there.
Very impressed, the consultant spoke perfect English. It only took 4 weeks to find us a donor. Amazingly it worked first time and I'm 30 weeks pregnant now. All the test and scans I needed were done here at Harley street.
We have another grade A embryo in Barcelona which we hope to go back for. I would recommend them.
Good luck!

Hyland Tue 29-Dec-15 23:57:09

When i called around several places recommended Stuart Lavery to me as well. We attended an open evening at Hammersmith where he did most of the presentation and all the Q,A. He told us no difference between the Hammersmith or 92 harley street/Boston place. He told us that Harley st/Boston only deal with private and are a little cheaper.

Which i did check and this is true.

We had a failed cycle of ICSI in November and we're going through a medicated frozen cycle next.

Having only been at this clinic, I'm unsure what my over all verdict is.

It may be easier to compare notes.

Hyland Tue 29-Dec-15 23:59:07

I meant to say that we attended 92 Harley Street as a private patient and then Boston for the scans, blood, egg collection and egg transfer.

Penny1234 Wed 30-Dec-15 17:58:56

Hi Maurice169 and Hyland,

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback.

We have signed up for a consultation at the Lister Clinic mid-Jan so will try and compare the two.

Hyland good luck with the frozen cycle. I hope everything goes well for you. Thinking of you!

Take care,

Penny1234

meliie83 Wed 06-Jan-16 21:36:37

Hi I am in the same predicament as you. I have been recommend Stuart Lavery at Boston Place Clinic by a friend who had IVF there, we have a consultation there and also at Lister as can't who to use. Lister has been going for years but Boston Place is pretty new.

Hyland Wed 06-Jan-16 23:46:02

Meliie83: I assume they had success as she has reccommended it to you?

I likes the fact that so many people spoke of Mr Lavery in a positive way. He's the director of Boston P. and 92 Harley street and high up at Hammersmith as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now