Talk

Advanced search

Egg Donation, Give joys, Get satisfaction

(6 Posts)
lukluck1981 Mon 14-Dec-15 15:04:37

hi all,
me (31) and my husband(34) are trying for baby for last five years, last year we came to know about my Early Menopause, Ovarian Failure.
we are going for IVF with donated Eggs.
If you are between 21-35 and willing to help us by Egg donation please contact:
Ovum Donation Coordinator
Liverpool Women Hospital
Reference Number 594R

Your co-operation can change our life. Regards

Lauren83 Tue 15-Dec-15 00:33:59

Hello. Sorry to hear your news, are you NHS funded? Have you not considered changing clinics to one with donors? That's what I did as my clinic in Manchester said I had to find my own

lukluck1981 Tue 15-Dec-15 19:32:18

Thanks for reply. I have got funding from NHS and my treatment is going in Hewitt Fertility clinic.
they say that they are also advertising but waiting time can be as long as 5 years.
have you got any idea where we can advertise other than this place?
do you know any clinic with donors available? can we change our clinic easily or it is a lengthy process?
Thanks for your time Lauren83

Lauren83 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:59:09

If you call your CCG tomorrow and ask them who they have contracts with there's usually a private one, mine for eg sends all ladies to St Mary's Manchester but does have contracts with Care and Manchester fertility, I didn't know this at first and advertised on here and Fertility friends, even pride angel but then found out my GP could apply for me to go to a private clinic due to my clinic not have egg donors. My GP wrote to the effective use of resources dept at the CCG at my request and we had a supporting letter from St Mary's saying I needed donor eggs but they had no donors. Only took 2-3 weeks to get it accepted x

lukluck1981 Wed 16-Dec-15 23:30:43

Hi thanks for your time Lauren.
I spoke to Hewitt Fertility Centre today and we were told that waiting time can be many years, very depressed.
I tried on internet to find details of my CCG but could not find it, I live in North Wales and there is not much details about N Wales CCGs.
I am thinking to contact my GP to write herself to respective CCG and ask them to transfer our case to Manchester Fertility as they have donors available and no waiting list.
lets see how it goes.
will stay in touch, thanks for your precious advice.

Lauren83 Thu 17-Dec-15 22:56:29

No problem at all, if you call your GP they will know the CCG as its the one they are under, then the CCG will tell you who they have contracts with (if they have a contract with MFS they should let you go) the private clinics pay £750 per donation so they have lots of donors. MFS is a lovely modern clinic, I was at care Manchester who I can't recommend enough x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now