Talk

Advanced search

The cost of being infertile ...

(5 Posts)
winterswan Sun 06-Dec-15 13:44:53

Just a thread to gain support and to see if anyone else is in the same boat as us.

At the moment we are facing around £6,500 for ICSI. Ouch.

Is it any cheaper abroad? Have been tentatively looking around but with the costs of flights and hotels I am not sure it works out any cheaper!

scoobyloobyloo Sun 06-Dec-15 21:11:52

If it makes you feel any better, we just forked out 12k at argc. It worked though!

The most expensive round of IVF you can have is the one that doesn't work. There are some excellent clinics abroad who are cheaper and with better success rates than many UK clinics. I know Prague and Barcelona have good rates. Good luck smile

happylass Tue 08-Dec-15 19:11:20

I've not been abroad for IVF myself but we had private treatment here so I'm well aware of the U.K. cost. We are currently looking at DE in the Czech Republic but I can tell you that the price of own egg IVF is significantly lower there too - I think in the region of £1400 per cycle, not including meds. Flights and accommodation are cheap too - I can't imagine you'd need to budget more than £500 for those. I really wish we'd looked at this when we decided to go private but it seemed like such a scary concept then. However, the more I research on line the more common I'm finding it is.

miamiaMo Thu 10-Dec-15 15:23:07

Hi there, i have checked prices of one good fertility clinic (Gdansk Poland), ivf starts from 1 625 Euro, accommodation is cheap in Poland (starts from 30 Euro, good standard) flight (check from yr place to Warsaw or Gdansk). Clinics offer 3-visit ivf program, so- price of tickets + 1st stay (1-2 days), 2nd stay (about 6-7 days), 3d stay (1-2 days)+ some food, seeing, etc expenses (25 -50 Euro per day) + ivf program price. Estimated costs: 1 625 Euro ivf program + 1 000/1 500 Euro of other expenses, in total- 2 625 Euro/3 125 Euro plus meds. Other programs prices- all inclusive ivf program (meds included, unlimited)- from 2 825 Euro, all inclusive ivf genetics ngs+-from 5000 Euro. It seems it works more pocket friendly. If anything else, pm

BipBippadotta Thu 10-Dec-15 17:47:51

I'm hoping to do ISCI in Prague at the Gennet clinic in Jan/Feb. I did quite a bit of calculation & comparison and even with flights and hotels it works out several £k cheaper than London clinics. Still not cheap at all though, for something that has about a 25% chance of working per cycle. Ugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now