Talk

Advanced search

HCG levels? Anyone know what their's seas or know much about them.

(9 Posts)
Highlove Sat 05-Dec-15 08:52:33

I've just come to end of a cycle and am tentatively pregnant. Except my HCG level at 9dp5dt was 61. Now I know there is a wide variation in normal but from what I've read, it seems worryingly low. My clinic don't do a second test (which is annoying) and have been non-committal about the number, other than to say it is a bit low and we'll know more at the seven week scan.

Should I assume this isn't going to work out? Or has anyone had a positive outcome with similar HCG levels?

Highlove Sat 05-Dec-15 08:54:56

Obviously that title was meant to say know what their's WAS.

Vap0 Sat 05-Dec-15 09:07:45

Hi

Can you go to your GP and request a blood test? Mine gave me them but I had to be quite pushy. The level doesn't matter so long as it doubles every 48 hours.
Congratulations flowers 61 means you are pregnant.

SesameSparkle Sat 05-Dec-15 12:57:51

Hiya, 61 is a good start, you're definitely pregnant. smile Anything above 5 is pregnant. My clinic only say hcg levels are low if they are below 25 on otd - in which case they do repeat tests to monitor for risk of ectopic. Fingers crossed it's a sticky one for you and you get to see a nice heartbeat when you return for your 7 week scan!

Highlove Sat 05-Dec-15 21:51:48

Thanks both. Am going to try and get another blood test next week so fingers crossed. I've googled extensively and read such mixed stuff I'm not sure what to think. It's bloody exhausting, isn't it?

mumblebumble Sat 05-Dec-15 21:55:32

The chart I have says that anything from 5-426 is normal for 4 weeks, which you're well within! And anything from 18+ for 5 weeks so some peoples obviously increases much slower than others. Annoying that they don't do the 48 hour repeat as thats really the best way to see how things are going. Good luck for your scan next week.

helloelo Sat 05-Dec-15 22:23:21

The charts on the baby2see website helped me for both pg. 1st time, Hcg level was 13 at 3w+3 (4 days before af due) then 53 at 4+0 and 268 at 4+4. 2nd time, 536 at 4+1 and 1442 at 4+3. It's annoying they don't do repeat blood test as the doubling time is a good first sign before you can get a scam to check gestational sac, fetal pole and Heat beat!

helloelo Sat 05-Dec-15 22:24:39

*heart beat of course smile
flowers to you, first weeks are hard

Highlove Sun 06-Dec-15 16:19:58

Thanks both. Am definitely going to push for a second test next week. I'll go private somewhere if I have to. I've miscarried before so feeling ever so nervous. Thank you though - you have all helped me calm down a bit. Good to see others had a similar figure and a successful outcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now