Advanced search

Anyone starting frozen cycle

(11 Posts)
Hyland Fri 04-Dec-15 18:49:15

Start taking Buserelin Monday.

I have 3 frozen fertilised eggs to be thawed.

sammylou1 Fri 04-Dec-15 18:53:35

I'm not starting but have had a frozen transfer (natural), and an abandoned medicated frozen cycle if you want to ask anything smile. Xx

Hyland Fri 04-Dec-15 21:20:37

Hi Sammylou

What went wrong in your cycles, why was it abandoned?

Any tips, or helpful advise always appreciated.

sammylou1 Fri 04-Dec-15 21:27:31

I had a bad reaction to the estrogen, it made me really sick hence going for a natural cycle the next time. Unfortunately my natural round then failed so just formulating the next plan.

Did u have a fresh transfer prior to this? Xx

Hyland Fri 04-Dec-15 22:44:42

Yes fresh ICSI cycle failed on 13th Dec.

So was your 2nd frozen attempt a failure due to not implanting or due to the clinic/hospital cancelling cycle.

sammylou1 Sat 05-Dec-15 08:17:55

So we had a fresh cycle in July which was abandoned after egg collection due to ohss (but 5 blasts in the freezer), then started frozen in September but cancelled because I was sick, then tried a natural cycle in October but my lining never got thick enough and don't think I ovulated so cancelled again. This 4th attempt we did go the whole way and had the transfer but it failed. Xx

Hyland Sat 05-Dec-15 09:33:42

Did u just have one transferred?

How many of the 5 survived being unfrozen?

What will you do next?

sammylou1 Sun 06-Dec-15 09:30:52

Yes just had 1 transferred, and it was the first one they tried to thaw so still have 4 more in the freezer. We have an appointment on the 15th to discuss next steps. X

sammylou1 Sun 06-Dec-15 09:31:16

How are you feeling? Xx

waitingimpatient Sun 06-Dec-15 09:34:36

I had a failed FET cycle in was a natural cycle and I had one day 3 embryo transferred

Waiting now for my period to do another natural FET. They are not sure why it failed last time and said perhaps it was a genetic issue and the embryo stopped developing or it may be me as I have thyroid antibodies and possibly nk cells so next time I will have clexane and steroids as well

Hyland Sun 06-Dec-15 22:47:24

sammylou: they are transferring all 3 that we have frozen. On their advise that they may not all survive and i assume they are hoping to be able to transfer 2, like with the fresh cycle we did.

Waiting impatient: I had hoped we would be told to take additional drugs but our consultant just said nope just the same again, frozen and then fresh if it doesn't work !

Kinda wanted them to feel the need to so something different, oh well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now