Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 cycles of clomid and no ovulation, what happens next?

(5 Posts)
Custardandcream Sun 15-Nov-15 11:24:57

Quick bit of background I'm 29 DH is 30 been ttc for over two years. Had investigations over the summer that showed I wasn't ovulating, so I was prescribed clomid.

1st cycle: day 14 scan only showed a 16mm follicle (nurse said they look for over 18), day 21 bloods were 3.3, period started 6 days early

2nd cycle: day 13 scan 1 19mm folicle and 1 23mm (brilliant I thought it's actually worked I even had what I thought were ovulation pains on day 14), day 21 bloods were 17 (again better but the nurse said it needs to be over 25 for ovulation to occur so I'm being referred back to the consultant), period started 5 days early.

So does anyone have any idea what the consultant is likely to suggest? Also what questions should I ask?

stealthbanana Sun 15-Nov-15 14:35:32

When were your day 21 bloods actually done (ie on cd21 or a different day) and when did your period actually start? Progesterone of 17 sounds like something is happening, I'm wondering if you did your blood test on the wrong day?

In terms of what happens next I imagine they will give you another cycle of Clomid. If you're producing a 23mm follie it is working and you should be ovulating with that size.

Custardandcream Sun 15-Nov-15 15:00:13

First cycle bloods were taken on day 21, period started on day 23. Second cycle bloods taken on day 20 period started on day 24 (today). The nurse said I could take clomid on my next cycle (would need to start it tomorrow) while I'm waiting for my appointment but I'm thinking there's not much point if my period is going to start so early.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 15-Nov-15 16:21:22

Do you have a diagnosis of the underlying problem, were you given clomid due to PCOS for instance?. What dosage of this drug are you on?.

The consultant may well go onto suggest using injectable drugs if clomid is not successful. It is usually given for a maximum of six months after which time other treatments are tried.

I take it as read your man has been tested in tandem with your own tests being done. At least I hope he has been tested.

As you are on this drug treatment as well you should be seeing the same team of people every few weeks for both blood tests and ultrasound scans to check if an egg is actually leaving the ovary.

Custardandcream Sun 15-Nov-15 18:39:51

No I've had no diagnosis other than I'm not ovulating but I don't think it's PCOS at least it's not been mentioned. I was on 50mg for the first cycle then 100mg for the second. Yes he's been tested the mobility was a little low so he's been taking selenium and zinc for the last 3 months and is due to be retested soon.

With my trust they don't scan each month on clomid only first cycle to check its not over stimulating (I only had a scan the second time as I asked for it) and my bloods are just done at my GP with a phone call to the team for the results, so it all feels a bit lonely.

Thought it might be injections, not sure how good I'll be with that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now