Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going on holiday while down regging

(5 Posts)
IcsiWitsyBabyPlsGetUpMySpout Thu 12-Nov-15 23:07:41

Anyone don't it? I start Saturday and go on holiday on Wednesday. Have emailed travel company who say their response time is 8 days!!! WTF?!? Planning on putting everything bar the buserelin+1 needle and syringe in the hold, just in case baggage gets lost. I will take my treatment schedule with me as proof i an having IVF, and all the drugs are labeled with my name. Anything else I need to think about?

SesameSparkle Fri 13-Nov-15 08:45:52

Hi, keep all your drugs and syringes in your hand luggage with you and I suggest asking your clinic for a letter which you can show to airport security when you go through the scanner. Buserelin vials are under 100ml and needles are short so you shouldn't have any problems anyway. You should also think about how you will store the drugs while travelling and while away, in case of high temperatures.

CatnipMouse Fri 13-Nov-15 09:03:46

Yes I agree a letter from the clinic would be a good plan. Hope you have a great time, where are you going?

IcsiWitsyBabyPlsGetUpMySpout Sat 14-Nov-15 21:37:54

Going to cape Verde. I have a number of letters from clinic regarding treatment so will take those with. Thanks for the advice grin

Shoegal30 Sun 15-Nov-15 12:01:42

Hi having a letter from the clinic should be enough.

I travelled when down regging and called the airline just to be sure. The lady said it would be fine.

I carried all my meds and syringes in hand luggage and put in seperate bag. So when I went to security I took out with the letter and they didn't bat an eye lid.

Good luck and have a great break xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now