Talk

Advanced search

start of ivf. anybody else to share thoughts

(4 Posts)
calcium123 Mon 09-Nov-15 19:48:59

Hi who ever comes across this I have just sent my forms back that's the stage I'm at had a nightmare being referred took months what's the next process anyone else know how long it takes from here I would love to hear yout feedback

Wispin Thu 12-Nov-15 12:38:40

Hi, it tock about 2 and half weeks for them to arrange an appointment it me after we posted the forms off.

Woobeedoo Mon 16-Nov-15 21:18:53

Once our firms went back it wasn't long before we got the call that we'd be ready to go on my next period and to call them on cycle day 1. Made me gulp, for ages the prospect of IVF was way over there in the distance and now it was almost right up in my face which gave me a case of the wobbles (quite common apparently). Good luck!

misspz Tue 17-Nov-15 21:51:07

I had the first appointment (tests etc) just a couple of weeks after the actual referral. Had the first consultation fairly quick as well, now we're on the waiting for them to give us a month, and as it falls so close to Xmas, were probably not starting the whole process until next year.

So although the first part was smooth, the total process from the referral letter to actually starting IVF will probably be a total of 7-8 month, but that's also because my Gp forgot my referral letter and didn't send it for 6 weeks.

But I'll see on Thursday when I'm back for the next appointment, I'm silently hoping they'll say that we're starting next month, but probably won't happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now