Talk

Advanced search

finally starting 1st injection of burselin 2mz :)

(9 Posts)
kelsey0092 Fri 06-Nov-15 17:17:47

Hi just thought i would start a thread to see if theres anybody starting their 1st injection of burselin tmz or has recently started it ?? Just after some advice and be good to talk to somebody at a similar stage as myself x

Wispin Fri 06-Nov-15 17:39:30

Hi Kelsey092, I started on my first Burselin injections on October 11th, I think you will get a lot of hot flushes from the Burselin especially during the night , I'm now also on menipur whigh counteracts the flushes and makes you feel normal again, I feel tired all the time since taking the injections have to drink 2 litres of water a day, they also told me to have 3 meals a day, don't snack on anything surgery inbetween, they said having sugar spikes dosent help with the medication..have also given up tea and subitutted it with warm milk. My stomach feels bloated all of the time..but everything is good, talking on here is a great help. Xx

kelsey0092 Fri 06-Nov-15 18:31:53

Hi wispin, thanks for posting smile yes im.hoping to find some comfort talking to others on here because atm i dont really know what to expect from treatment as it is pur 1st round of icsi , after 8 longs years of ttc ! Glad ur over the hot flushes now ...how have u managed in general with the injections? X

Wispin Fri 06-Nov-15 20:25:23

I'm OK with needles. The Burselin is very easy to do...the Menipur I find a little frustrating just because you have to suck the water from the vial, then you have to inject it into the tablet filled vials, suck it all out, change the needle head, then inject yourself which is the easy part. I got 2 bruises come up on either side..I mentioned this to the other ladies on my other thread,which is similar to your title, they said to press the injection in very slowly, which has stopped the bruising, now I just feel bloated all the time..how are you getting on?

kelsey0092 Fri 06-Nov-15 20:48:50

I dont start it till 2moro ..im.not a lover of needles so the hubby is doing it first untill i feel confident to do it myself , im such a wimp haha do u mind me asking is this ur 1st round ? X

Wispin Fri 06-Nov-15 21:00:24

Yes this is my first round....smile my husband cant even look at needles... smile

kelsey0092 Fri 06-Nov-15 21:18:53

Aww never lol mine dont like them but he reckons he will be fine 'inflicting pain ' on me ?? we will see how he copes tmz i suppose.. are u having ivf or icsi? Where u having treatment to? Hope it all goes well for you both x

Wispin Sat 07-Nov-15 09:29:54

Having it done at the Nuffield -Royal Victoria Wing in Woking, they will decide on the day weather it will be icsi or self fertilization...where are you doing it.? And good luck with the injections..x

kelsey0092 Sat 07-Nov-15 18:25:08

Hi im having it done at the University hospital of wales. Done my 1st injection today and i was suprised how much it stung 2bh ...hoping the more i do the easier it will get haha x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: