Talk

Advanced search

1st round of IVF; not told friends and they're asking why I can't lift things....

(6 Posts)
fibreart Fri 14-Aug-15 10:50:21

hello!

We have just begun our first round of IVF (well actually ICSI) 12 eggs fertilised (WHOW) and first to be popped back in on Monday.
I am however moving house next week, and my work involves lifting things.

Now, for obvious reasons, I don't want to tell everyone and their cat what is happening, but I also don't want to add any extra stress, so I need some good excuses for why I can't lift things!
My friend is helping me move, and I know they will ask, but I really really don't want to say anything so soon....
any advise etc?

I have a bit of a dodgy back from time to time, I thought I could maybe use this as an excuse.... sound plausible?! ha.

Kannet Fri 14-Aug-15 11:00:14

I would claim to have had a small accident. Maybe a strapped up wrist for a day or so to help the ruse along

MrsTittleMouse Fri 14-Aug-15 11:03:46

Back issues is perfect isn't it? You have a history, and it's a problem that can come and go (for when you're actually pregnant or if you need another round of treatment).

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. smile

FrancesOldhamKelseyRIP Fri 14-Aug-15 11:04:05

A wrist splint is a brilliant idea. It has the advantage that you'd need to say less.

fibreart Fri 14-Aug-15 11:19:59

ooh, gooood idea about the wrist!! ((she says heading off to the chemist ))

might use them both- pulled my back falling on my wrist! ha; who would have thought trying to conceive would involve so much subterfuge...

MrsTittleMouse Fri 14-Aug-15 17:12:33

Wait until you're pregnant, then the subterfuge will be the insane amount of alcohol that your DP/DH drinks as you sneakily swap glasses to hid the fact that you're not drinking. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now