Talk

Advanced search

ovarian reserve test

(5 Posts)
enocar Fri 07-Aug-15 17:01:38

Can someone tell me if/when they do a test to see how many eggs you have? I'm hopefully going to begin IVF soon and I would have guessed in the interest of saving them money it would be done? I had blood test yesterday which asked for LH and FSH readings, is this it?

enocar Fri 07-Aug-15 17:04:39

Sorry done between days 2 and 5 of my cycle

bananafish81 Fri 07-Aug-15 17:15:55

FSH is one part of ovarian reserve, and that's done on Day 2-4. That's not really reliable on its own however, the real test for ovarian reserve is an AMH blood test, which isn't normally included in the standard panel of bloods, you usually have to have that done privately. That can be done at any time in your cycle xx

bananafish81 Fri 07-Aug-15 17:16:59

However if you're about to begin IVF the FSH test will indicate how aggressive stimulation you need. So knowing your ovarian reserve isn't necessarily useful, cos what matters is how many eggs you get out on retrieval day. Which the FSH should help with getting the right result! Keeping fx for you x

enocar Fri 07-Aug-15 21:36:18

Thankyou both smile Probably was between day 2 and 4, memory like a sieve lol. Last one I had was 2013 so needed new bloods done, hopefully they will be back with my GP before my next IVF appointment (Different authority, so i have to pick up the results) and hopefully then start the IVF smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now