Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need screeing tests done ASAP, but clinic is very pricey. Where to go?

(6 Posts)
MaybeDoctor Wed 05-Aug-15 08:58:51

Hello,
We are hoping to begin a cycle of IUI this month (cycle about to start). We need the tests for HIV, Hepatitis, Clamydia (sp?), Rubella etc, but the clinic is charging £500 for both of us.

How soon would GP tests come back? Would they fulfil the same purpose? Alternatively, my fertility clinic is right opposite a large hospital with a GUM clinic. Would they give me a printout of the results that I can take to the clinic?

Thanks.

SesameSparkle Wed 05-Aug-15 13:48:43

Hiya you could ask your GP if they'll do the tests for you but you'll just have to go with whatever timescales they operate for a result. Or try the GUM for the viruses and chlamydia and ask the GP for rubella. I've always managed to get copies of things from NHS. Maybe you could just phone and ask them?

MaybeDoctor Wed 05-Aug-15 16:35:19

As I want to do it this cycle I have about 12 days to play with. Any views on how soon these tests come back?

MaybeDoctor Wed 05-Aug-15 18:25:42

Do GUM clinics give you a print out that you can take elsewhere?

SesameSparkle Wed 05-Aug-15 20:52:23

I think every place will be different. If I were you I'd call both the GP and GUM place first thing tomorrow and ask them about the tests, what are the timescales that they usually get results and whether you can easily get hold of a copy. At least then you'll know what's what. I didn't have a problem getting hold of copies of my test results to hand over to my clinic. My GP just charged me 50p for printing.

goinggrey1978 Wed 05-Aug-15 21:12:43

GUM clinic's are cheaper, same are same day results others take a week to 10 days to come back, your GP's surgery will be able to tell you where your nearest one is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now